Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Perhaps I'm a bit unusual.

I will always look for the optimum solution for any given problem and then I will try and buy it as cheaply as possible without compromising on the solution. If I can't afford the best solution I'll wait until I can.

I have noted that a lot   (most  :scratchchin: )   people approach a problem with "Now what is the cheapest solution for this" and will then compromise on the solution to get the price down.

Two distinctly different approaches that produce two distinctly different outcomes.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Perhaps I'm a bit unusual.

I will always look for the optimum solution for any given problem and then I will try and buy it as cheaply as possible without compromising on the solution. If I can't afford the best solution I'll wait until I can.

I have noted that a lot   (most  :scratchchin: )   people approach a problem with "Now what is the cheapest solution for this" and will then compromise on the solution to get the price down.

Two distinctly different approaches that produce two distinctly different outcomes.

So true.
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
It's all about the money. Everyone wants to buy cheap product, and of course there is always someone who will do it cheaper.

When I visit a corporate client and they ask about price, my first response is

"We can make a product at your price point - by the way what are you expecting to pay?"

"OK so at that price point we can provide all the features you have requested, but these are the reliability and accuracy tradeoffs"

"So how much do you value a good night's sleep?, because once I have explained the tradeoffs and you sign off on them, I'll sleep tight"

the units I bought under the 2G network were Chinese, they offered geo fencing and a range of other features that we'd never use. Once I negotiated a price that I was comfortable with and tested one of the units all was good. Given that I needed 200 units I got the cost down to 35.00USD per unit with a sim card costing 5.00 per month and as the requested data was only when we needed it we never exceeded data usage.
Up until the 2G network went down the units worked a treat and the information we received was awesome for locating delinquent hirers. One idiot even did a bank job in southern adelaide and tried telling the police he wasn't there.....once we downloaded the data it showed him at the bank at the same time as the hold up...parked right out the front.
More a deterrent for the dill factor is that they sign on the rental agreement that the vehicle has tracking capabilities....but does anyone read that....nup
They also drew in two battery operated units which I shoved one each into Doc's kids ski parkas and she could see on her phone where they were in Thredbo.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Just for further information.  The unit sends data every 30 seconds.

The data stream includes:-
  • 1 second speed sampling  (great for speed camera defence)
  • 1 second accelerometer sampling
  • Diagnostic Trouble Code flags
  • Odometer
  • Speed
  • RPM
  • Fuel consumption over a 30 second period
  • Engine Temps every 30 seconds
  • Assisted GPS and GLONASS technology for better positioning. (OBD devices can be plugged in all sorts of orientations and some are not suitable for standard GPS accuracy)
  • Backup Battery to monitor device unplugged, battery disconnected
  • HDOP Value (GPS Accuracy Horizontal Dilution of Position)
  • Instantaneous Event Data...over 200 programable events. Ign on/off, Batt Voltage, GSM Signal Strength, Over speed, Over rev etc.

All the above data (and more) can be displayed in a graphical dashboard or in customised reports with a report builder module (for advanced users on request)

Hi Dean,

Good on the young fellow and we have looked into many GPS tracking devices for fleet vehicles for one of my businesses, we also looked into your competitor's product which is TeletracNavman whom offers the ODBII plug and play solution too. I would love to have a meeting with you and the junior CEO to discuss this application to suit our needs :)

Please give me a call when you have a minute.

cheers

Richie

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

Hi Richie,
PM me your details again

Dean

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

We are running a competition on facebook if anyone is interested

It goes like this

Win an IndigoGPS Tracking System for your car!
Post a photo of your car & tell us why you should win.
The car with the most likes wins.
So make sure you tell your friends like your post.
Please blank out your number plates for safety and security. Ends June 30

https://www.facebook.com/IndigoGPS/