Online allanuber

• Name: Al
What colours do the dealers like?

Silver/Titanium, Black and White in that order ... seems to be true of everything but Ferrari. Not to say other colours don't sell - we're splitting hairs on the best colour for the car probably 2 owners on from you   :)

C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Silver/Titanium, Black and White in that order ... seems to be true of everything but Ferrari. Not to say other colours don't sell - we're splitting hairs on the best colour for the car probably 2 owners on from you   :)

For fun, I just asked 3 Lambo dealers which colours they would rather trade.

1. White, yellow and black.
2. White, orange and yellow
3. White, black and a bright colour.

Online allanuber

I'm a genius with green then   :)

My white spider sold in about 5 seconds, those dealers must be onto something!!!   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Drives: Murcielago
I'm a genius with green then   :)

My white spider sold in about 5 seconds, those dealers must be onto something!!!   :)

Almost as smart as me with Red...I'll wave the rarity card though.

Offline Miocevich

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
I hope you were "touching wood" when you said that re the Diablo.
With 12 cylinders there are a hell of a lot of very expensive Italian oily bits flying around inside that sexy engine.
There was a time not so long ago when an engine rebuild on a production V12 like a Testarossa or a Diablo would cause an economic write off of the car.

I tried not to think about it when I tracked my old F50  :eek:
I was in a wooden sauna at the time ... just to make sure!!!  :nana: :nana:

Reality is I would rather pull the engine out myself and slowly go through any fix than take it to a garage ... but that's just me!!  Even if it took a year, I would do it in preference to splashing the cash and trusting someone else.  Having said that, I would be trying to learn from others knowledge and building my own.

Sooner or later, its gonna happen, the clutch will need doing and the 2nd gear synchro downshift will need to be fixed - other than that she's mint.

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0

A wrap will solve all of that ...

The original OP can just price a $5k wrap into his costs and have whatever colour he chooses and know the paint will be protected for the next buyer who can have the wrap colour or unwrap to original yellow.  I don't think colour is an issue anymore unless the interior is in stark contrast ... so buy with an interior that works with any exterior colour and you're all good.

Offline jamesatfish

I can't find the factory recall notice but here's a brief summary that appeared in the SMH Drive section at the time.  The service invoice for the power steering recall was about $11K (at least that's what the dealership invoiced Lamborghini for the warranty work).

I also dug out my last workshop invoice from my 05 Gallardo as I remember having to have a few common issues fixed at the time:

•Replace AC compressor & heater tap parts, approx $3k parts & labour.

•Notchy handbrake lever due to lever teeth becoming worn, $1850 p&l.

•E-Gear pump & relay (not an issue in a Manual obviously), $2650 p&l.

I had that car for about 3 years, picked it up with about 10,000kms and sold with just short of 50,000kms.  Maintenance costs were about $15k per year, covering servicing, general repairs, tyres, one set of brake rotors and one complete breakdown including transport Temora>Canberra>Sydney.  I didn't need to replace the clutch pack at all during my time with the car - there was still plenty of life remaining when the last E-Gear snap was performed just before I traded it.

Online allanuber

A wrap will solve all of that ...

The original OP can just price a $5k wrap into his costs and have whatever colour he chooses and know the paint will be protected for the next buyer who can have the wrap colour or unwrap to original yellow.  I don't think colour is an issue anymore unless the interior is in stark contrast ... so buy with an interior that works with any exterior colour and you're all good.

Uh. No.

Every dealer car with a wrap just has more lowballers suspicious about the paint under the wrap.
C'mon, do it!