Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

back in 1990, i was 6. I went up to see the captain on a 747 between hong kong and london. sat in the pilots seat, even played with the yolk. of course it was set to auto pilot at the time.... i still remember asking the flight attendant to see the captain.

to think what would happen now if i did the same.
you wouldn't be 6 and the question you'd ask the trolley dolly wouldn't have anything to do with the captain.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

It wouldn't be the first commercial plane to be shot down in error or because it was in the wrong place.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Not sure what you mean. The security breach happened after 9/11.  I would call it good journalism - it's right on point.

yes it happened after Sept 11, ACA was trying to discredit the pilot -  not necessary at this time.  Gutter journalism.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Loose change final cut on you tube

Speaks volumes of Halliburton and Bush inc,

Mind you my toys love Iraqi oil
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline dkabab

interestingly many reports claim people have been able to call mobile phones of people on board that have rung out.

surely everyone turns their phones off when on an international flight... if not to follow the rules but to save battery life and credit.

lets say they did get through, and the phones were ringing... surely this would point to it landing/crashing on land not water.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
interestingly many reports claim people have been able to call mobile phones of people on board that have rung out.

surely everyone turns their phones off when on an international flight... if not to follow the rules but to save battery life and credit.

lets say they did get through, and the phones were ringing... surely this would point to it landing/crashing on land not water.

From 6 miles up you would be lucky to have bacteria survive

Dave, if you could put a 2 dollar bet on, my guess would be internal bomb, they found air france in the atlantic in 5 miles of deep water......this has just vaporised
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I leave my phone on - but thats irrelevant.

Apparently when the phone is on global roaming, the foreign phone towers will recognise the phone number being called even if the phone is off or airplane mode

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

From 6 miles up you would be lucky to have bacteria survive

Dave, if you could put a 2 dollar bet on, my guess would be internal bomb, they found air france in the atlantic in 5 miles of deep water......this has just vaporised

the malacca straits is the busiest shipping route in the world, it's densely populated with ships so to speak.  If there was a bomb something would have been seen or heard.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

yes it happened after Sept 11, ACA was trying to discredit the pilot -  not necessary at this time.  Gutter journalism.

If you ask me, the guy deserved the discrediting. He allowed a major security breach.
Pilot behaviour is one of the aspects the investigators are interested in.

I'm with goober - I'm voting for the bomb theory.