Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Finding lots of bodies now
Tragic
My son tells me tonight a mate of his from schooldays lost both parents on MH 370

Offline app

Sad indeed. :(

Although an important step in families getting closure.

Offline Sparkz

• Drives: Datsun
Karimata Strait - After finding a dead body alleged victim AirAsia aircraft, Hercules returned to find visual bodies. The location of the discovery of a corpse is not too far from the first discovery of the bodies. Hercules aircraft flown from the air base in Jakarta Halimperdanakusuma Iskandar had landed at the air base Pangkalan Bun to coordinate on the discovery of debris and corpses, Tuesday (12/30/2014). Hercules went back along the southern waters Pangkalan Bun. After rediscovering visual orange buoys and debris, at 15:30 pm Hercules returned to find a number of human figures drifting. Located not far from the discovery of the first dead body that is in the Gulf near the Strait Karimata Black Water. "Next to the west (west), located about 105 NM from the first location," said Navigator Hercules A-1319 First Lieutenant Adhi Miswara in plane cockpit. copilot Lt. Erwin Tri Prabowo trying to take pictures of the findings of the bodies by using a camera with a long lens. He saw in a radius of 2-3 NM or approximately 5 miles, there are about 7-8 corpses. One of the bodies found in the tummy wearing a white shirt and black trousers. There was also a group of bodies lined and visible was holding. "There are about 7-8 (corpse). One wore a white shirt and black trousers. I see 3-4 human bodies holding their hands together," said Lieutenant Erwin.

Wow

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

So it fell out of the sky in one piece, and some had time to put life jackets on?

Worst way to go besides a shark attack.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

So it fell out of the sky in one piece, and some had time to put life jackets on?

Worst way to go besides a shark attack.
I was on a plane on route to Germany (Boeing 777) just south of Afghanistan 2 weeks after September 11 when it lost an engine and we did an emergency drop to 10,000 feet followed by emergency landing (in Oman) which is procedure.  A very scary experience.  I was kind of calm but scared at the same time.  Those first few moments is hard to explain while the crew go through the whole procedure of explaining what to do.

I only hope these passengers had no pain. RIP

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Might pack an EPIRB in my carry on luggage next time I fly.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Finding lots of bodies now
Tragic
My son tells me tonight a mate of his from schooldays lost both parents on MH 370

one news this am - apparently they've corrected the count from an initial 40 bodies found to 3 only confirmed!

Very sad state of affairs! RIP to all who have perished. At least there may be some closure from this latest event in that the wreckage and bodies have been found!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Anyone fancy putting in a tender? There must have been a lack of interest as the page shows "Last update 24 February 2015"

MH370—Call for Expressions of Interest to Prepare for Recovery Operations

• The REOI closes at 2pm (AEDT) on 18 February 2015
The ATSB has called for expressions of interest (EOI) to prepare   for recovery operations in the event of locating the missing Malaysia   Airlines flight MH370.

To date, the aircraft has not been located nor has any debris been   found. Should the aircraft be located, it is important to be as prepared   as possible to implement any decisions of the Australian, Malaysian and   Chinese Governments for a recovery operation.

Prospective Respondents to the Request for Expressions of Interest   (REOI) must register and download the EOI documentation through the ausTENDER website www.tenders.gov.au.   This will ensure receipt of all available updates during the EOI   process. Unregistered EOIs will not be accepted. The REOI closes at 2pm   (AEDT) on 18 February 2015.

All enquiries relating to the REOI should be directed to the ATSB operational search email address, opsearch@atsb.gov.au.

For further information read the MH370—planning ahead for recovery operations media release, by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development, Warren Truss.                 

Offline dkabab

didnt it get shot down over Ukraine...