Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

No doubt many are taking an interest in the missing Malaysian Airlines 777 which mysteriously went missing off the Strait of Malacca.  Up to now there has been a lot of questions with the amount of data released.  Not long ago the Malaysian officials have admitted that there is information that they cannot release.

However, something that has recently been released is that the last contact with the plane was with Malaysian military radar near Pulau Perak, a small island with military installations, whose apparent longitude/latitude does not appear on google earth and google satellite imagery of the area is blurred.

So, was it shot down, or did it fly below radar and land at an unused runway?

No doubt the US are loving this as they can send their planes and do some reconnaissance of areas they would normally not be allowed to go to.

There's a lot of conspiracies out there.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I read with horror that one of the missing flight crew invited passengers into the flight deck a couple of years ago.  Presumably he didn't go to jail for it because his co-pilot and cabin crew didn't report him.  I'll never fly MAS again.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I read with horror that one of the missing flight crew invited passengers into the flight deck a couple of years ago.  Presumably he didn't go to jail for it because his co-pilot and cabin crew didn't report him.  I'll never fly MAS again.

That was reported on a Current Affair, happened Dec 2011.  Gutter journalism totally not required at this time.  Disrespectful to the pilot, his family, colleagues and anyone else connected to the situation as it stands.

I'm sure back in the day we all got a chance to sit in the cockpit, even during landing.  Sept 11 changed the dynamics of plane flight.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

from further reading Pulau Perak doesn't appear on google earth as it's too small.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

from further reading Pulau Perak doesn't appear on google earth as it's too small.

Huh?
I can see where my kids left their toys, but this secret military base is too small?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Huh?
I can see where my kids left their toys, but this secret military base is too small?

it's not a secret if we all know it's a military base.

Many small islands are not on google earth as coverage is not 100%

Offline dkabab

I'm sure back in the day we all got a chance to sit in the cockpit, even during landing.  Sept 11 changed the dynamics of plane flight.

back in 1990, i was 6. I went up to see the captain on a 747 between hong kong and london. sat in the pilots seat, even played with the yolk. of course it was set to auto pilot at the time.... i still remember asking the flight attendant to see the captain.

to think what would happen now if i did the same.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

The real question is when will andecorp close this thread?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That was reported on a Current Affair, happened Dec 2011.  Gutter journalism totally not required at this time.  Disrespectful to the pilot, his family, colleagues and anyone else connected to the situation as it stands.

Not sure what you mean. The security breach happened after 9/11.  I would call it good journalism - it's right on point.

to think what would happen now if i did the same.

Nothing - if you are flying MAS.