Offline Paulstar

@Mondi -  So ah, no chance of bringing in an Impala with hydros and wirewheels then?  :scratchchin: is it considered a classic?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

@Mondi -  So ah, no chance of bringing in an Impala with hydros and wirewheels then?  :scratchchin: is it considered a classic?

The early Impalas are most certainly considered a classic, well anything built before the 80's at least.

You may get away with Hydros and Wires but the way things are going, it would be better to grab something original and do the Mods here, as long as you can find an Engineer who will write them off.

Hydros will need an Engineers Cert regardless - even if the vehicle was imported as such......

Offline Mitch@IR

I am heavily involved in USMuscle.com.au and some information I know is this:

the car can have mods but they must be "period specific mods" so 16inch torque wheels are ok but 22inch DUBS are not :)

Most customs people have no idea on them but you are better off speaking to an importer a friend of mine Adrian is fantastic and has many nice cars give him a call Adrian from Classic Custom Imports 0409 855 700 tell him Mitch from Immaculate Reflections told you to call.

Secondly the rules completly change in your friends circumstance when fees for importing come into it as if the car was previosuly owned and registered in another country for 6 months prior I believe it is, GST is not applicable and neither the LCT.

Regards,

Mitch

Offline Paulstar