• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Let's not give our ol' mate trev the clickthru traffic...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3TQSwa8pvU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3TQSwa8pvU</a>

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
sure the aston looks better, but the whole point of it is to be a 4 door car meaning it should fit atleast 4 people in the car at once which it doesn't look like it can unless you drive around kids or midgets all the time and never want to transport anyone who has hit puberty or doesn't have genetic defects.

basically the aston is a car without a purpose, its slow, cannot take more than 2 adults at once, ofcorse it should look better, its the same size as a 2 door aston and functions the same just slower than a 2 door.

Atleast the porka did it right, they made a 4 door that can fit 4 people instead of a 4 door that only fits 2.

Also the panamera looks better in person, its big but thats what its surposed to be...

Offline maccattack

Whilst I'm an Aston man I don't particularly like the Rapide. I think they took a car that had perfect proportions and made it into something that it is not.
Unfortunately the same can be said for the Porsche.
Don't get me wrong - they are both great cars in their own way - but I look at them both as sort of Frankensteins.
My choice for a saloon would have to be the Maserati Quattroporte. At least it is a purpose built car which does what it should - and looks good too.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

sure the aston looks better, but the whole point of it is to be a 4 door car meaning it should fit atleast 4 people in the car at once which it doesn't look like it can unless you drive around kids or midgets all the time and never want to transport anyone who has hit puberty or doesn't have genetic defects.

Wrong wrong and wrong.  I have no idea why they made such a fuss over that in the video.

Maybe it doesn't have as much room as the Panavomitera, but it definitely fits real humans.  I got perfectly comfortable in the front (I'm 6'2") and someone almost the same height was able to get in the back.

Maybe the Rapide isn't ideal for 4 adults longhaul, but it can be done.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

Whilst I'm an Aston man I don't particularly like the Rapide. I think they took a car that had perfect proportions and made it into something that it is not.

I thought the same before I saw it for real.  And there were several around me who were also pleasantly surprised.

Maybe you just gotta see it in person?

Offline Laminator

One thing's for sure: It's definitely prettier than the Lagonda.

Offline maccattack

One thing's for sure: It's definitely prettier than the Lagonda.

I think a Tata is better looking than the Lagonda

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

Unfortunately the same can be said for the Porsche.
Don't get me wrong - they are both great cars in their own way - but I look at them both as sort of Frankensteins.
My choice for a saloon would have to be the Maserati Quattroporte. At least it is a purpose built car which does what it should - and looks good too.

+1 for me...