Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
The biggest problem with the Zagato Aston is how to fit all the women in it.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

Offline barra

So I'm pretty dusty from a big night, but I couldn't understand the zagato story.

It's an original chassis, and a brand new crafted body?  What happened to the original body? 
What did the sultan of Brunei have to do with it?

Offline NBTBRV8

So I'm pretty dusty from a big night, but I couldn't understand the zagato story.

It's an original chassis, and a brand new crafted body?  What happened to the original body? 
What did the sultan of Brunei have to do with it?

They must have bought a chassis which had a title in the US going back 40 years.  During the build when they were promoting the car, another Aston with the same VIN surfaced.  They believe theirs to be the original car.

"AFTER WE UNVEILED OUR CREATION THROUGH SEVERAL
          WEBSITES AND eBAY, WE WERE BLINDSIDED BY SOMETHING TOTALLY UNEXPECTED. SOMEONE FROM
          HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD WAS CLAIMING TO HAVE ANOTHER  ASTON WITH OUR SAME V.I.N.
          PLATE. WE WERE DUMBFOUNDED AND DEVASTATED AS WE HAD NEARLY 40 YEARS OF TITLE AND
          OWNERSHIP HISTORY. WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO CEASE MARKETING UNTIL WE COULD UNRAVEL
          THE TRUTH. TO THIS DAY WE HAVE NEVER SEEN A SINGLE PICTURE OF THIS "OTHER" CAR  OR ONE
          SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT OURS IS NOT THE GENUINE ARTICLE. BUT IN THE INTERESTS OF  FAIRNESS TO A
           POTENTIAL BUYER, REPUTATIONS,  EXORBITANT INTERNATIONAL LITIGATION COST AND WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH LOST TIME WE FELT THE RIGHT THING TO DO WAS REVEAL THE FACTS OF WHAT WE KNEW. WITH MUCH ANGUISH WE SECURED AN UNENCUMBERED TITLE WITH A NEW V.I.N. PLATE ISSUED BY THE STATE OF TEXAS."

You'd be devastated that is for sure!

They rebuilt everything by hand and put a late model motor in it. 

Offline TomE

They must have bought a chassis which had a title in the US going back 40 years.  During the build when they were promoting the car, another Aston with the same VIN surfaced.  They believe theirs to be the original car.

"AFTER WE UNVEILED OUR CREATION THROUGH SEVERAL
          WEBSITES AND eBAY, WE WERE BLINDSIDED BY SOMETHING TOTALLY UNEXPECTED. SOMEONE FROM
          HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD WAS CLAIMING TO HAVE ANOTHER  ASTON WITH OUR SAME V.I.N.
          PLATE. WE WERE DUMBFOUNDED AND DEVASTATED AS WE HAD NEARLY 40 YEARS OF TITLE AND
          OWNERSHIP HISTORY. WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO CEASE MARKETING UNTIL WE COULD UNRAVEL
          THE TRUTH. TO THIS DAY WE HAVE NEVER SEEN A SINGLE PICTURE OF THIS "OTHER" CAR  OR ONE
          SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT OURS IS NOT THE GENUINE ARTICLE. BUT IN THE INTERESTS OF  FAIRNESS TO A
           POTENTIAL BUYER, REPUTATIONS,  EXORBITANT INTERNATIONAL LITIGATION COST AND WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH LOST TIME WE FELT THE RIGHT THING TO DO WAS REVEAL THE FACTS OF WHAT WE KNEW. WITH MUCH ANGUISH WE SECURED AN UNENCUMBERED TITLE WITH A NEW V.I.N. PLATE ISSUED BY THE STATE OF TEXAS."

You'd be devastated that is for sure!

They rebuilt everything by hand and put a late model motor in it.

Crazy stuff. They have modded a AM so that there is nothing left  of the car apart from a title then get blind sided by someone also claiming to own that VIN!
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline barra

Yea, that bit I understood.

Why did they make a new body?  Why did they mention the sultan of Brunei?

Offline NBTBRV8

Because they didn't have the body presumably and they were using the SoB as a inspiration for custom building the car as he did a similar thing.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I know the owner well.

It is also where I got married.

Did his dad work on vintage cars?