Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Offline cel

Offline JBO

here it is

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline dkabab

Offline T0M722

They're charging Ferrari 458 money for something that's just not in that league of performance. 183mph top speed, just over 4 seconds to 60mph, 560HP-ish...

Granted, it's stunning - but I just don't understand the huge price. Luxury's probably the huge selling point.
:)

Offline JBO

I know I posted it...but I'm not a huge fan.

that dimpled leather is atrociously cheesy and I think I prefer the exterior looks of the old DBS.

But yes....for this price point its hard to beat a 458 or a McLaren.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
like their last few models, to me it looks like a body kit on a v8 vantage
a really nice bodykit, but one of these days they are going to have to make a new car

Offline T0M722

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97UVBCqPXI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97UVBCqPXI</a>
DBS vs. Vanquish S at 3:22 in the video.

The AM130 Vanquish is 8mph slower than the DBS, and the DBS is slower than the original Vanquish. So, Aston Martin is going backwards in the performance department  :confused:
:)

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

The AM130 Vanquish is 8mph slower than the DBS, and the DBS is slower than the original Vanquish. So, Aston Martin is going backwards in the performance department  :confused:

I don't doubt that but I don't think car makers are caring as much about their top speeds.
It would have more to do with euro enviro taxes and making the cars tick certain boxes.

Also with all the driving I have done and with all the guys I have driven with not 1 of us have ever cared too much about top speed.
I over the last 15 months of having my turbo (also did the same with my c2) I have spent more time refining the car to feel and handle better for the driving I do.

So as long as they concentrate on getting the car to handle better and be more comfortable I give them the double :thumbsup: :thumbsup: as high end road cars are fast / powerfull enough