Offline NBTBRV8

Anyone here have a DBS?  I'm just interested in the cost of ownership, particularly as a daily driver.

I like the look of this, but black or white would have been my first choice.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Aston-Martin-DBS-2009/SSE-AD-2431671/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Offline 355Aussie

Who cares what it costs????

If you are asking this question don't buy it.

I don't want to offend you but it doesn't matter what it costs.

When you are talking about Aston Martin or any other high end car then the cost of running it is irrelevant.

Offline NBTBRV8

Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree.  My E46 M3 cost me more to run/own than my 996 turbo did and I use my 997.2 GT3 as a daily driver.  The cost of the car doesn't reflect the cost of ownership.  Some cars tend to be more suitable for daily use than other regardless of cost.

Offline 355Aussie

Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree.  My E46 M3 cost me more to run/own than my 996 turbo did and I use my 997.2 GT3 as a daily driver.  The cost of the car doesn't reflect the cost of ownership.  Some cars tend to be more suitable for daily use than other regardless of cost.

Like I said who cares what it costs?

Just buy it or forget it.

They are daily drivers anyway.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Anything with a V12, and the answer is "a lot".
A trained "mechanically inclined" Ferret or Hamster with a small set of tools to work in the engine bay is a must.
If your E46 gives you a nosebleed at service time, then this will cause a major Haemorrhage.

This one is interesting as it seems the punter has not really gone to much trouble to present it so you are seeing it "as it usually is". I can see marks and scratches that I would have polished off and away to make it present better. I would have had all the mats steam cleaned.

Beautiful piece of kit. I believe this model had a revision to the steering along the way that improved them out of sight. If it drives like a truck then it is version 1. If it is OK then it is the upgrade. A pal of mine said to me the difference was very noticeable.

I think (no proof) that you could add the Beemer and Porsche costs together and they would equal the cost of owning this over a year. Why not go and talk to the people who have serviced it. Ask them what the owner has spent?

But I tend to agree with 355aussie. If you like it, and can afford to buy and run it, then who cares what it costs. Just be honest with yourself when doing the sums. The worst deception is self deception! This applies in particular with cars and women.

Caveat emptor.

:scratchchin:

Offline peterelise

• Drives: DBS
  • Name: Peter
I bought an '09 model last June.  Not a daily drive but gets regular weekend use and it is everything I had hoped.  Can't speak to running costs as I have not had to pay for a service yet.  It requires one service per annum and I am expecting it will hurt (but hoping it won't). 

In terms of other running costs, it is part of the same fraternity as the F5000s who say they are "ridding the earth of fossil fuels".  I am also led to believe that if you intend to track them they will get through brake rotors in quick fashion and that they will cost a bomb to replace.  I have no intention of tracking as it won't be anywhere near as satisfying on a track as much cheaper alternatives...

In terms of good news, comprehensive insurance with Shannons is ridiculously cheap if you sign on to their "low mileage" policy which doesn't have a maximum annual use limit but is designed for someone using the car as I do.  I have also ascertained that provided the car checks out you can buy an extended factory warranty (even though the original on my car has expired).

So I'm probably not much help but if you have any other questions let me know.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Welcome aboard peterelise.  Not many Aston owners here - let's hope this flushes out some lurkers.

Offline peterelise

• Drives: DBS
  • Name: Peter
Got my first service today. It was the 5 year service and it was $1,800. I don't know how that compares to service costs on other comparable cars but given it's only required once a year wasn't too bad. No replacement parts required other than a new tyre bottle and the expected consumables.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Got my first service today. It was the 5 year service and it was $1,800. I don't know how that compares to service costs on other comparable cars but given it's only required once a year wasn't too bad. No replacement parts required other than a new tyre bottle and the expected consumables.

how many kilometres has your heap of shit done for 5years
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline sinkman

that is an amazing annual service cost! Bow down and worship the gods...