Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

An unexpected treat.  Got a text early this morning about an Aston DBS that was going to Mannum for lunch with an invitation to come along for the cruise.  The weather was just about perfect and the cars got some good exercise.  Mannum was packed - I think there was a hot rod meet on or something.  We found a nice zigzag route from Palmer to avoid the traffic and other nasties on the usual road.

Up close the DBS looks fantastic with lots of detail differences from the standard car. I has a beautiful howl when it starts and no doubt when you rev it (I couldn't hear it over my car).  It was plenty quick too - it had to be today with a black M5 leading the way.  :eek:

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

the black M5 may have lead the way on the Palmer section, but it didn't get the good looking blond as a passenger  :waah: :p

the run home was just amazing... all clear for most of the twisty section. i was in heaven!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
Definitely a beautiful car, would lvoe to have one, or least go for a drive in one, love Astons

Offline dkabab

really looks the goods.... beautiful car. did the owner have a db9 prior? just curious as to compare them

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
aston martin are the best looking car to my eye
the dbs, whilst awesome looking, I cant help but think a regular db9 looks nicer
the pure clean lines really appeal to me

Im not sure what aston can do about it, I feel the same way about the one77
they have to do something to distinguish their cars, and its hard to charge more for less, so they have to add features

not sure im fully conveying my point

great color on that dbs too, I think the lighter colors show the curves better than black

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I spent a day driving/photographing a DBS (along with the DB9 and V8 - http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/aston-martin-photoshoot-dbs-db9-amv8-t2940.0.html ) and personally looks wise it blows the DB9 away - they might only be subtle changes but it all adds up to a very eye catching car IMO. The interior is stunning too. I'm no Tiff Needell so probably not the best person to compare the cars driving wise but everything in the DBS just seemed that little bit better. The one we tested also had the manual box which probably helped my enjoyment of it! To me the DBS is one of the most desirable cars on the market, and the DB9 wouldnt crack the top 10.

How long has he had the car, mhh?

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Thanks for the invite i would have brought out the M5 :thumbsup: Looks like a great run on a great day.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Had one of each at Eastern Creek, so now you can do an at-speed comparison.  :D

I know some people have said it just looks like a body kit has been added to an already perfect car, but I reckon the DBS has it.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man