Offline Trainwrex

• Drives: Challenge stradale, LP640
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine was looking at getting into an Aston and was looking at what model/s would be most collectible year around 2002-2007..

Also does country of compliance and kms matter as much similarly to other marques like Ferrari and Lamborghini?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline NBTBRV8

To be honest I wouldn't look at anything in that year range, but it comes down to what he is interested in or can afford.

Aston's aren't that sought after, and they depreciate like a stone, even more so imports.  I have seen DBS imports sold for $100k less than Australian delivered cars, so I would be very wary on resale.  Just make sure you buy it cheap to begin with.

As a dealer told me, an Aston is worth what ever you can get for it.  But I do love my Astons' too.  A V12V or DBS would be very nice.

Offline Trainwrex

To be honest I wouldn't look at anything in that year range, but it comes down to what he is interested in or can afford.

Aston's aren't that sought after, and they depreciate like a stone, even more so imports.  I have seen DBS imports sold for $100k less than Australian delivered cars, so I would be very wary on resale.  Just make sure you buy it cheap to begin with.

As a dealer told me, an Aston is worth what ever you can get for it.  But I do love my Astons' too.  A V12V or DBS would be very nice.

What year would you suggest? I prefer a 12 just for the engine note, but i personally would get into a different marque altogether..

He was thinking about importing one... Around 150k i think he may have said..

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
IMO Only Astons which will be desirable are DB9 manuals. Like anything else not too many kms, full service history and Australian delivered.

Offline NBTBRV8

What year would you suggest? I prefer a 12 just for the engine note, but i personally would get into a different marque altogether..

From what I have read, a MY11 onward V8V would be the best bet without you want to lay down much more money.

Offline Trainwrex

IMO Only Astons which will be desirable are DB9 manuals. Like anything else not too many kms, full service history and Australian delivered.

He wants to import it but with such a large difference in pricing i might convince him otherwise..

From what I have read, a MY11 onward V8V would be the best bet without you want to lay down much more money.

cool ill let him know