Offline vindgat

• Drives: 360 Spider
I am thinking of changing my M6 for a  DB9 or 360 and would love some constructive imput on the pros and cons, the 360 is 2000 model with 50k on the dial and the DB9 is 2005 with 35k on the dial. Daily drive not needed any more as circumstances have changed and now working from home so will be doing limited K's.

Thanx

Offline waz356

Drive them both and buy the one you like. Simple.  :thumbsup:

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

That's really what it comes down to, especially if it will be used purely for pleasure.

Offline vindgat

Thanks for that but a test drive without insight based on other peoples experience wont help me make an informed decision. 

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Apart from the obvious ocular benefits I think you'd struggle to get much more joy out of a DB9 than the M6. If it's not gunna be a daily hack or long-hauler, all else being equal the choice is pretty easy.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I am thinking of changing my M6 for a  DB9 or 360 and would love some constructive imput on the pros and cons, the 360 is 2000 model with 50k on the dial and the DB9 is 2005 with 35k on the dial. Daily drive not needed any more as circumstances have changed and now working from home so will be doing limited K's.

Thanx
DB9........Most beautiful cars in the world, without a doubt & more original. Everyone drives 360's :p

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Given the choice from scratch, it would come down to which one you like most, as waz said.

But Ash has a good point... you already have an an M6, and the M6 is very similar to the Aston in many ways.

I think you'd miss the power if you bought the Ferrari, but only a little bit, and the Ferrari has oh so many more positives..... resale value being one of it's strongest, as it is already old enough to be near fully depreciated..

If you like the Ferrari, but miss the power, wait a little while (for more depreciation) and buy a 430.

Offline dkabab

of if you want a ferrari, but still want a GT.... why not a 550 maranello. more power and torque, and better looking ;)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

If you enjoyed the M6 then forget about the DB9, which doesn't handle as well nor is it as fast as the M6. Whether it looks better interior/exterior is subjective. The only other improvement that I think the DB9 has over the M6 is the tranny.

I'd recommend the F360.. but a number of people have cautioned me about the maintenance cost of the 360.. Other than that, it's a hot car!

Offline vindgat

Given the choice from scratch, it would come down to which one you like most, as waz said.

But Ash has a good point... you already have an an M6, and the M6 is very similar to the Aston in many ways.

I think you'd miss the power if you bought the Ferrari, but only a little bit, and the Ferrari has oh so many more positives..... resale value being one of it's strongest, as it is already old enough to be near fully depreciated..

If you like the Ferrari, but miss the power, wait a little while (for more depreciation) and buy a 430.

Thanks how long iyo is a little while?