Offline maccattack

Thanks for your reply.

It certainly adds weight to the ‘research” angle for any work done. This has always been the case with past projects irrespective of how far the modifications go.

The chipping aspect of the Aston is based on finding quicker throttle response and a little more torque through A/F mixture changes. They electronic throttle can be a little under-responsive and slow especially on change downs.
It is never going to be a beast, so I am not expecting that from it.  I have actually used Powerchip in the past myself on a BMW mini and was happy with the result. They do not have any product available for the Aston so at this point I would be hesitant to become a test case for any company.

I am careful about who I use for the work because I want to ensure they have access to current successfully modified base maps and to have the expertise to dyno tune and make adjustments in real time (and know exactly what they are doing) – not “let’s see how we go because I am not 100% sure of each of the adjustment parameters.” This is the case for ANY tuner I would use.

I concur with “believe what you read, or ask the source directly”. Before doing that, do plenty of research as I am doing now.

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Check with the Aston club...
they may know the answer on whats available and if anyone has done it..

They are a very brand committed bunch of people who like to do the track days. 
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
hahaha. Awesome TTz post.

paraphrasing of course ...

'shuddupaya mouth stupid monkey. best regards TTz.'

I wish more people would wish me regards post blasting me  :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Back on subject though ... I do agree with Tony, Powerchip did my old M3 and they were communicative, realistic about gains and helped with the general thinking through upgrades of airbox, exhaust and other bits prior to chipping. It was 'only' about 18 extra KW's, but the responsiveness of the throttle changed the car's attitude totally.
C'mon, do it!

Offline maccattack

I note that the "retraction" by TTz has been deleted from this post.
Any reason why?????

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Got asked not to quote.....
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
The mid range and partial throttle gains are considerable, and actually what we feel the majority of the time.

how does that make sense considering this comment?

"Wayne Besanko: Because we test the air/fuels on part throttle, and no changes are made to fuel with our chips on part throttle, and small changes are made to fuel curves on full throttle, which means that our chips therefore don't have a an effect on emissions on part throttle."
http://autospeed.com/cms/title_AutoSpeed-Interview-Powerchips-Wayne-Besanko-Part-2/A_0408/article.html

All that's left is ignition timing, and there's no way I'm going to accept that any modern manufacturer is going to retard timing so much that there's a possibility of any real gain on part throttle....unless it's artificially introduced with, for example, an electronic throttle, and more butterfly movement is programmed into it, giving less pedal movement for a given butterfly movement. That would make it 'feel' jumpier, but, well, it wouldn't be really.

I know I did the equivalent of a rechip on my old 512BB. I fixed the mixtures and steepened the ignition curve and got 45HP extra at 4500rpm.....BUT...that was '70s technology and it was totally shit to start with. This is today, and it's hard to imagine that sort of scope.

Of course, turbo cars are a different proposition entirely. What I've seen done with chipping is quite remarkable.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Got asked not to quote.....

really? by whom and why?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

From head of DMS:

"the place we deal with in aus are Harding Performance. Contact Guy at guy@hp.net.au they should be able to help."

No experience with HP but DMS are fantastic with remapping as are Revo Technik (despite all the dodgy stories).
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
how does that make sense considering this comment?

"Wayne Besanko: Because we test the air/fuels on part throttle, and no changes are made to fuel with our chips on part throttle, and small changes are made to fuel curves on full throttle, which means that our chips therefore don't have a an effect on emissions on part throttle."
http://autospeed.com/cms/title_AutoSpeed-Interview-Powerchips-Wayne-Besanko-Part-2/A_0408/article.html

All that's left is ignition timing, and there's no way I'm going to accept that any modern manufacturer is going to retard timing so much that there's a possibility of any real gain on part throttle....unless it's artificially introduced with, for example, an electronic throttle, and more butterfly movement is programmed into it, giving less pedal movement for a given butterfly movement. That would make it 'feel' jumpier, but, well, it wouldn't be really.

I know I did the equivalent of a rechip on my old 512BB. I fixed the mixtures and steepened the ignition curve and got 45HP extra at 4500rpm.....BUT...that was '70s technology and it was totally shit to start with. This is today, and it's hard to imagine that sort of scope.

Of course, turbo cars are a different proposition entirely. What I've seen done with chipping is quite remarkable.

well, Besankos quote is old, for starters... that article is how old?

and there IS that much room in ignition...

cars are built to the lowest common denominator.... which are extremes of altitude and fuel quality...

by removing the LCD, or at least reducing the window, gains are made.