Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I note that the "retraction" by TTz has been deleted from this post.
Any reason why?????

It quoted a private email explanation and was asked to be removed, here's the official quotable version from Wayne:

Julian got threatened to be sued by a chip company in adelaide for writing a misleading article about a chip that didn't work on his camira.

Powerchip then purchased the company that threatened to sue Julian over the article.

He has written the only article in Motor magazine ever to have a published retraction, an article comparing four performance chips, and he has never written for ACP Magazines since that article.

When he interviewed chiptorque and unichip he didn't print a transcript, just conducted an easy interview, these were made after the Powerchip interview.

Here is the Unichip article, its not an unedited transcript

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_1818/article.html

Interesting reading.....

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_3006/article.html

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
It quoted a private email explanation and was asked to be removed, here's the official quotable version from Wayne:

I like retractions. Nothing like seeing some knucklehead make ridiculous claims and then having to suck up and crawl back into his hole.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Aircon

they may not be designed to, but they are designed to be capable of.

Most performance cars "recommend" 95 RON, but they make the cars capable of running on 91 without damaging themselves.

Not all cars have knock sensors, and even if they do have them, there may not be enough of them.

I don't know why you're making misleading statements. Is there someone here you're trying to please? What's going on? Are you on commission? Selling chips? What's the story?

I'm not sure if you're talking garden variety commodores and falcons, or performance oriented BMWs, Porsches and Ferraris (with hi-tech engine management systems).

You appear to be talking about the former, I'm talking about the latter.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say maybe we've just got our wires crossed.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
ok.. you own one...

so how many knock sensors has a 355 got?

and a 360 has how many?

when you've learned the answer, you'll understand more.

Until then, well..... you'll just be you.

• Soap Dodger

I don't know why you're making misleading statements. Is there someone here you're trying to please? What's going on? Are you on commission? Selling chips? What's the story?

My statements are not misleading. For you to say so is potentially defamatory. So stop.

Trying to please myself. I'm good at that  :tilt:

I am a customer of Powerchip. Only a few jobs (7 or 8 I think), but I'm very happy that they've always been able to do exactly what I've asked for, or if they haven't, they told me before I needed to ask.

I've also used other chip companies. There is quite a rivalry amongst them all, but a business is only as good as its staff, but judged by its customers.

You were a customer of mine. Enough said.

Powerchip are a good business.

Offline Aircon

I am a customer of Powerchip.

Ok....nuff said.

• Soap Dodger

HA!

The temptation to list all the other places I'm a customer of, that would expose and embarrass you to be EXACTLY what you are, is enormous....

but I think I can hold back.

Some of those suppliers....... ah no, I'll stop there...

BWAHAHAH!!!!!!

Offline TTz

• Mr White

Is this thread done now ?

Any questions you  have of me... PM me.
[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline JohnG1

• Drives: Aston Martin Vantage V12
If the original poster is still interested then I suggest contacting Bamford Rose in the UK. They are the only firm I would trust to modify either a V8 or V12 Aston Martin. Staff are mainly ex-Aston Martin and they prepare V8 engines to GT4 specification - they can also take a V8 to 5.4 litres. 

At the moment they are re-building the V12 of a gentleman I know to take it to 6.5 litres and 650bhp.

With regard to chips - the only work you can do to V12 at low cost is to modify the map to accept only 98 RON fuel. That will release more power. V12 does not have a knock sensor (that's only fitted to the new Vanquish) so the modified map is potentially a problem if you don't have reliable access to 98 RON fuel.

For a V8 there is already a knock sensor, so 98 RON fuel will generate more power than 95. The V8 Vantage powerpack takes the 4.3 V8 from 380bhp to 400bhp via a modified airbox and inlet manifold design and a mapping to work at up to 100 RON fuel.

I'm not aware of any firm in Australia that knows enough about VH architecture drivetrains to actually modify these engines while manintaining reliability and driveability.  Very happy to find out more of local firms that work on these engines...