• Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage First Drive Preview

Today we brought you our first drive of the 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia from Pebble Beach, and tomorrow we'll have our take from behind the wheel of the 2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage, but we thought you might like an early taste of what's to come, so here are a few photos taken along Laureles Canyon Road.

The road, for those not familiar with the Carmel Valley area, is a twisty section of two-lane with numerous turn-offs and mostly courteous motorists. Its location and its tight, twisty, elevation-changing surface is perfect for a quick spin on a short test drive to evaluate a car's real-world accessible handling and acceleration, and that's exactly what we did before heading on through Concours traffic to the Inn at Spanish Bay.

Come back for the full story and more photos tomorrow, but in the meantime, enjoy this gallery of one of Aston's sharpest in what ought to be everyone's backyard.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1048396_2010-aston-martin-v12-vantage-first-drive-preview

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline JohnG1

• Drives: Aston Martin Vantage V12
Does anyone on here with a V12 Vantage have any experience of having a new exhaust fitted to reduce the noise from the exhaust to allow the car to pass ADRs??

Specifically - I have been told that the first owner of a V12V in Australia was stopped by the police here and given an enforcement notice to make the exhaust quieter. The owner then handed the car back to Aston Martin and told them to fix it.

I have a V12V in London and I'll be importing it to Australia so if I need a new or modified exhaust I'll get that done in the UK at my usual garage.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Does anyone on here with a V12 Vantage have any experience of having a new exhaust fitted to reduce the noise from the exhaust to allow the car to pass ADRs??

Specifically - I have been told that the first owner of a V12V in Australia was stopped by the police here and given an enforcement notice to make the exhaust quieter. The owner then handed the car back to Aston Martin and told them to fix it.

I have a V12V in London and I'll be importing it to Australia so if I need a new or modified exhaust I'll get that done in the UK at my usual garage.

I don't know of any V12V owners on the forum, but I've heard the V12V and it is no noisier than many other sports cars running around here.  I'd say the bloke was unlucky or in the wrong place and the wrong time.