Offline Dehooblie

hi guys, looking for some opinions here. I am interested in picking up a few year old AM vantage v8 hardtop, given not too many of them around not sure what the value should be. I see the redbook prices, but seems everyone currently selling is way above the rb price. Do any of you guys know what dealers offer on these, do they offer the trade price, or given the current state of the economy, especially what's happened over the past few days, dealers would low ball below the redbook trade price. I'm looking for a 2009 MY09 with c.10000-20000km.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Do your research and then bug us.

Ps if you are able to buy the car and maintain the car you should know the answer to your question

Offline Chemical Man

First of all no one cares what the redbook prices are, unless you are selling your first car and have no idea what it is worth. If you haven't already realised Redbook undervalues 99% of the cars on its site, if you get a vehicle at redbook's suggested selling price you got a massive bargain. Especially when buying exoticish cars dont go anywhere near redbook a computer generates random figures once every year that in no way reflect the market.
Why not just go by what cars are selling for then do your best to haggle the price down as much as you can.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

First of all no one cares what the redbook prices are, unless you are selling your first car and have no idea what it is worth. If you haven't already realised Redbook undervalues 99% of the cars on its site, if you get a vehicle at redbook's suggested selling price you got a massive bargain. Especially when buying exoticish cars dont go anywhere near redbook a computer generates random figures once every year that in no way reflect the market.
Why not just go by what cars are selling for then do your best to haggle the price down as much as you can.

At Zagames, they offered me Red Book on my Masa on another one, I said no worries as long as I get the Red Book price on yours, end of conversation :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LOL - who users Redbooks for prices, seriously.    :der:

Offline Dehooblie

Do your research and then bug us.

Ps if you are able to buy the car and maintain the car you should know the answer to your question

Sorry for 'bugging' you Brenton, question was a general one re these cars for some insight into the current market, ie current demand from private and dealers. Don't get your point on how ability to buy and maintain has on valuing a car - having only been looking over the past month for one of these, see prices vary drastically, and want to ensure I don't end up overpaying, hence the question about what dealers would be offering, as people selling these have usually received an offer from a dealer, so was hoping some could share their insight here.

Obviously at the end of the day it is up to the seller to agree to sell the car, but I just want to have a realistic view of the market, and my only reference here is the cars on the market, and the redbook valuations.

Offline Chemical Man

You will be looking at $200k roughly if you buy privately. At a dealer it will cost a bit more, but if you get warrenty it will most likely be worth it. You wont get on for less than $180k and dont pay anything over $220k.