Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline cel

I read it in the lift at work this morning. It said three are coming to Australia.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
wow, I read it in the lift too, you have those advertising tv's in your lift too?
I dont suppose you work in Pyrmont?

Offline mdogger7

• no homl

• Drives: 599 GTO (in my dreams)
  • Name: Mitch
Another Aston special edition that you can't tell the difference between.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/283120/aston_martin_dbs_ultimate.html

why not get a DBS and paint the calipers yellow..? what a lame attmept to try and say goodbye to the DB9 before the replacement comes out, should of made it looks crazy, like the leap from the LP640 to the LP670-SV

Offline cel

wow, I read it in the lift too, you have those advertising tv's in your lift too?
I dont suppose you work in Pyrmont?

Not Pyrmont, Castlereagh St is where I hang out :)

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

why not get a DBS and paint the calipers yellow..? what a lame attmept to try and say goodbye to the DB9 before the replacement comes out, should of made it looks crazy, like the leap from the LP640 to the LP670-SV
It is a DBS, its a DBS spec edition not a DB9 spec edition haha. But yeah, looks waaaaaaaaaaay too similar to a normal one, shoulve done much more to it.

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
Paul McCartney's DB5 is up for auction tomorrow in London

Pics  http://www.carsguide.com.au/pics/paul-mccartney-aston-martin-db5/4066/3/71750/

Estimated to go for around 400k pounds.

Offline TomE

From Facebook...

Deje vu? Now Aston Martin to Indian business group?

Aston Martin is at the centre of an international takeover battle after Indian motors group Mahindra trumped an Italian bid for half of the British luxury carmaker.

Italian private equity fund Investindustrial reached a agreement with Aston Martin's owner, Investment Dar, but Mahindra made a higher offer, leaving the fate of Aston Martin hanging in the balance, sources familiar with the discussions said.

Ford Motor Co. sold Aston Martin in 2007 to Investment Dar, a Kuwaiti investment house, and another Kuwait fund, Adeem Investment, for 479 million pounds ($767 million).

One source said Investindustrial had bid between 200 million and 250 million pounds ($400 million) for the 50 percent stake and is confident of winning the race because it sees its proposal as "technically" superior, including a technical partnership deal with Daimler's Mercedes-Benz.

Investindustrial, owned by Italy's Bonomi family, is not new to luxury motor brands. In 2006, it bought Italian motorcycle maker Ducati and sold it for about 860 million euros last April to Volkswagen's Audi division.

Mahindra is the world's No. 1 tractor make. It also makes more sport utility vehicles than any other Indian motor manufacturer, and controls South Korean car maker Ssangyong Motor.

A second source familiar with the process said Mahindra was keen to access the Aston Martin technology to upgrade its existing vehicle platform.

Aston Martin sells approaching 15 percent of its DB9, Vanquish and other models in Asia. Wealthy Chinese buyers snapped up 110 cars in 2010 and sales are expected to have multiplied five-fold to over 500 this year.

Tata Motors, of course, owns Jaguar Land Rover, and has had even more success than Aston Martin in China, now Jaguar Land Rover's biggest market.

Jaguar Magazine now available at iTunes: