Offline AMV

What is it you would like me to explain?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I get the impression you took your own car to Europe and drove it there. Was it using Aussie rego ect...????

How much did it cost, how hard/easy was the process?

Cheers
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AMV

spent 4 weeks driving around the UK, France, Italy and Switzerland. Did the stelvio and 6 laps of  Le Mans the morning of the race which had been organised by the tour that I was on. The car was sent by sea and was a relatively simple exercise but not cheap. However having your own car and being a roadster was the ultimate experience. The cost of hiring say a Ferrari is approx $20,000 a week so the $9000.00 to ship is cheap. $3800.00 for shipping and driving Insurance needs to be added. Registration stays as Australian with the ability to drive in Europe for up to 6 weeks I believe. I can give you the details of the next trip if you wish which is in September next year, Rome to Goodwood in the UK for the revival. It takes 5 weeks to send the car and 5 weeks back.
A couple of photos to wet your appetite.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
spent 4 weeks driving around the UK, France, Italy and Switzerland. Did the stelvio and 6 laps of  Le Mans the morning of the race which had been organised by the tour that I was on. The car was sent by sea and was a relatively simple exercise but not cheap. However having your own car and being a roadster was the ultimate experience. The cost of hiring say a Ferrari is approx $20,000 a week so the $9000.00 to ship is cheap. $3800.00 for shipping and driving Insurance needs to be added. Registration stays as Australian with the ability to drive in Europe for up to 6 weeks I believe. I can give you the details of the next trip if you wish which is in September next year, Rome to Goodwood in the UK for the revival. It takes 5 weeks to send the car and 5 weeks back.
A couple of photos to wet your appetite.

The W427 would of received some interesting looks & comments over there.... :scratchchin: :thumbsup:

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I love the idea of being able to do a driving tour of Europe in your own car. Definitely something to add to the bucket list!

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
The W427 would of received some interesting looks & comments over there.... :scratchchin: :thumbsup:

is that the W427 or the normal R8 .... which is known as VXR8 in england
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
is that the W427 or the normal R8 .... which is known as VXR8 in england

W427.....the small carbon spoiler & wheels are the giveaway ;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Thanks AMV that was very helpful. Now I know what my birthday present for next September to myself will be.
Enjoying Life!!!!