Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23428894-29277,00.html

Socialite 'did 169km/h in Aston Martin'

March 25, 2008 02:08pm

A PERTH millionaire and socialite has had her car impounded under anti-hoon laws, after she was allegedly clocked doing almost 70km/h over the speed limit, police say.

Police allege Rhonda Noreen Wyllie, 52, was behind the wheel of an Aston Martin coupe, clocked at 169km/h by police at Oakford, in Perth's southern suburbs, yesterday morning.

Ms Wyllie, the widow of property developer and investor Bill Wyllie, is a non-executive director of the Wyllie Group, headed up by her daughter Melissa Karlson.

Police said traffic enforcement officers were carrying out speeding checks on the Tonkin Highway about 11.55am (WDT) yesterday when an Aston Martin sports car was spotted travelling at a rapid pace.

"Police allegedly recorded the coupe at 169 kilometres an hour in a 100 kilometres an hour zone," police spokesman Ian Hasleby said.

"The driver stopped the vehicle and it was seized by police and impounded for 48 hours under the state's hoon legislation."

Ms Wyllie would be summonsed to appear in court at a later date on a charge of reckless driving, police said.

Offline scud

• Rocket man

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline Laminator

goober

thats not a MILF, thats a heather mills with 20 years added

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I cant believe how fussy you guys are.........I'd hit it! My dad always told me the one you didnt get was the one you'd regret..........thats what ya get for being a Porsche owner!

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I cant believe how fussy you guys are.........I'd hit it! My dad always told me the one you didnt get was the one you'd regret..........thats what ya get for being a Porsche owner!

Nice one Grant - I bet that approach has the ladies melting in your arms :D

As for 169 in a 100...  we all know that's only a tiny blip of the throttle...  I bet if you asked her on the quiet she'd admit she was on the brakes and on the way down from something much higher!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23783049-2,00.html

Millionaire loses licence for hooning

MILLIONAIRE Perth socialite Rhonda Wyllie has been fined $1000 and banned from the road for six months after driving her Aston Martin sports car at 167km/h.
Mrs Wyllie was caught speeding on Tonkin Highway in a 100km/h zone in her newly delivered Aston Martin coupe in March.

Mrs Wyllie was not required to appear at the Armadale Magistrate’s Court today but her lawyer, John Pryor, entered a plea of guilty to reckless driving.

Mrs Wyllie, the widow of the late Perth property investor Bill Wyllie, was caught driving her sports car at 167km/h at Oakford on March 24.

The 2008 Aston Martin DB9 coupe, described by motoring enthusiasts as “motoring perfection”, was impounded under the State’s “anti-hoon” legislation but was returned to her 48 hours later.

Mr Pryor told the court that Mrs Wyllie was overseas on holiday and could not attend court but said she was remorseful for her actions.

Mr Pryor said there were no aggravating factors of the offence.

“It is just a one-off for a person who has been driving for 25 years with no record,” Mr Pryor told the court.

“She is very apologetic which is evident by her remorse to plead at the earliest opportunity.”

Magistrate Leigh Jones fixed the $1000 fine – the maximum that could be imposed – and ordered her to pay $110 court costs.

The day after she was caught for speeding, an embarrassed Mrs Wyllie issued a statement expressing her remorse.

"I'm embarrassed and remorseful in relation to the incident on the highway at Oakford yesterday and I will suffer the consequences,” she said.