Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I don't understand the owner trying to hide his identity, if that's what he's trying to do :?
Or all this talk of who the mystery buyer is.
One would think there being only one in Australia it wouldn't take long before it gets around on the interwebs? :doh:
Aston just building the hype, they couldn't buy this sort of coverage.

They've got a wood duck, only comes round once.

Offline ckbag

$1.4 in tax so only really $1.6 and still not worth it

its worth it if you have every other production car possible...................... maybe the owner ran out of things to buy?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I don't understand the owner trying to hide his identity, if that's what he's trying to do :?
Or all this talk of who the mystery buyer is.
One would think there being only one in Australia it wouldn't take long before it gets around on the interwebs? :doh:

unless of course they will only be driving it sparingly and in turn may not be seen so often.

Offline looney

Yes I noticed that via Facebook. I see you both judged a bikini contest.

yeah mate, its a hard life, but someone has to do it.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

its worth it if you have every other production car possible...................... maybe the owner ran out of things to buy?
Good luck to him, hope he enjoys it.

But I think the Aston is only worth the ask price due to Aston doing what Lambo did with the reventon.

Ask for a ridiculous price to buy into exclusivity and you build hype.

Hope he owns a Mac F1 cause that'd be the car to own before this one for the same price.

Offline dkabab

3 million for the car, no its probably not worth it.... but when the car is 0.3% of your wealth.... the cost is irrelevant. its about owning that specific car.

Offline tdc911

3 million for the car, no its probably not worth it.... but when the car is 0.3% of your wealth.... the cost is irrelevant. its about owning that specific car.

I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money but if I was to spend $3 million on a new car it would have to tick a lot of boxes and set the benchmark in either design, engineering and/or performance. The One-77 does none of that. To me the One-77 is just another case of Bez trying to out do Piech and failing miserably.

Offline hydie

Ahh so that's who owns it. Also figured out the LFA now also haha.  :thumbsup:

Offline looney

Ahh so that's who owns it. Also figured out the LFA now also haha.  :thumbsup:

yeah they're both really nice guys, not at all what many people would assume they're like,

actually nicer and more down to earth than most people i've met here in QLD / Gold Coast, and im proud to call them my friends :D because of their personalities, not because of what they have.

Offline dkabab

I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money but if I was to spend $3 million on a new car it would have to tick a lot of boxes and set the benchmark in either design, engineering and/or performance. The One-77 does none of that. To me the One-77 is just another case of Bez trying to out do Piech and failing miserably.

I agree, And I guess that's why there are so many different brands and models of cars in this world. There are people who think its rediculous to buy supercars in the first place, when a modified $50k car will go as quick. why spend $1000 on a bottle of wine when a $5 box of goon will do the job. Half the cars you follow around the world I wouldn't spend 10c on them, but some I would be all over like a rash.

If I had the same money, I'd buy an f50gt1 (if I could) while most would drool over it, many would say its a waste of money. Is $10mil for a classic Ferrari a waste of money. I think so.