Offline dkabab

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs8mvvccgg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs8mvvccgg</a>

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I'm more excited by how Mclaren and Porsche might respond!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline dkabab

the amateur aerodynamicist in me its most intrigued by the under body of this car. I think I've figured it out.

all cars create lift. the flat surface under the body is a shorter distance than the long way over the top. see the diagram below of a plane wing.

Im guessing, that because underneath the car is in this case longer than the distance over the top of the car, it will create downforce. hence the whole car is a wing.

then again... i might be way off... but its how it looks

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I'm more excited by how Mclaren and Porsche might respond!

Do you really think they will? I'm not so sure. Huge leap in money over their current hypercars. Exciting times if they do try to compete though.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Do you really think they will? I'm not so sure. Huge leap in money over their current hypercars. Exciting times if they do try to compete though.

Rather than going up to another price level, I'm thinking more that the P1 replacement might be very close on performance for half the price…a mere 1.5m!

And as for the 918… who knows what the replacement for that car will be like…or what it might be capable of…
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I'll be surprised if the car goes into production, and if it does, I'll be even more surprised if it looks like that. In fact, I'll believe it's happening only when I see it. Can that car pass safety regs?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline David B

the amateur aerodynamicist in me its most intrigued by the under body of this car. I think I've figured it out.

all cars create lift. the flat surface under the body is a shorter distance than the long way over the top. see the diagram below of a plane wing.

Im guessing, that because underneath the car is in this case longer than the distance over the top of the car, it will create downforce. hence the whole car is a wing.

then again... i might be way off... but its how it looks

Maybe, but usually a 5 degree pitch is used on the major flat main body surfaces (as opposed to zero) so that there is some wedge down force, and any change in pressure such as side wind sheer etc wont make the car lift.   Under car aero is about not allowing the air to escape, effectively sealing the car to the road like a suction cup. (not a great analogy but thats what the skirts on the side do!).

The airflow over a car is very hard to model and predict, as we have no math suitable to predict turbulent behaviour.
Thats why once the body is done, wind tunnel work and tweeks using real world measurements are always the last adjustments made.

Offline fivesix

I'll be surprised if the car goes into production, and if it does, I'll be even more surprised if it looks like that. In fact, I'll believe it's happening only when I see it. Can that car pass safety regs?

Already taking orders from what I read.
Will be a two seat configuaration with a track going version as well with more aggressive wings.