Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
wouldnt know, but highly unlikely

As i was relaying the article to my partner she told me one of her friends car just stopped in the middle of traffic because their pet rabbit chewed through some cables -  apparently the rabbit liked being under the car when it was warm

again overnight????

As the judge said
a long long time ago i new someone who had a significant stash of "cash" kept under the house. When he went to retrieve it, it was mostly rat droppings :doh:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
a long long time ago i new someone who had a significant stash of "cash" kept under the house. When he went to retrieve it, it was mostly rat droppings :doh:

I ran in to him at the start of the Mille Miglia last year. Hadn't seen him for maybe 15 years before that.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Hadn't seen him for maybe 15 years before that.

A guy that keeps a stash of cash under the house

was he locked up for those 15 years

/ducks for cover/

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

A guy that keeps a stash of cash under the house
was he locked up for those 15 years

/ducks for cover/

Nope, never been locked up. The incident in question happened something like 30 years ago, maybe even longer than that.
He is not a young man.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Pre delivery issue that showed up down the track? Rats during shipping, Dealership just passing the buck?

+1

Rats are bad news they will eat through anything, I’ve seen the damage one did to a Trams-Am that was kept in a garage for a year, coolant is the attraction it made good work of the overflow bottle and also the wiring loom at the bulkhead. The car was a mess under the bonnet. It pays to keep traps and bait around your garage, once they start it’s too late. The guy must have had fully comp insurance why didn’t he just pass the information on to the insurance company for them to deal with it?

What next rats on a plane? No hold that thought….

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I once had electrical cables on my whipper snipper chewed through by rats when I was at mums place -  so it does happen.

but in this case -  hmmmm  :scratchchin:

They love Optic cable for some reason, causes no end of troubles!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Happened to my nephews X5, took months to get the parts in from Germany....for some reason.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Happened to wy nephews X5, took months to get the parts in from Germany....for some reason.

........................because BMW are absolutely fucking hopeless with spare parts supply  :gnasher:

My X5M has been off the road for weeks at a time waiting for bits to arrive from Germany. Most of the time it's bits that I would have thought BMW Australia would have had in stock.

People complain about the Italians; but 99% of the time you can get current model stuff for Ferrari/Maserati within a week of ordering it if it has to come from Italy.

Offline j15

........................because BMW are absolutely fucking hopeless with spare parts supply  :gnasher:

My X5M has been off the road for weeks at a time waiting for bits to arrive from Germany. Most of the time it's bits that I would have thought BMW Australia would have had in stock.

People complain about the Italians; but 99% of the time you can get current model stuff for Ferrari/Maserati within a week of ordering it if it has to come from Italy.

If BMW Classic is a completely different division to that of BMW generally, then Classic is much better. In 2009 I placed an order for a new front bumper for a 1989 car (I couldn't find a spare in Oz at the time, so decided to try them).

They responded promptly, manufactured a new one for me and it was at my panel beaters within 2 weeks of placing the order.