Offline Iggy_Type_R

I have to share this story... it's just too funny!

So around 4 years ago I put (from what I was told) the 2nd $5k deposit on a Aston Matin V8 Vantage Roadster. AM didn't have a Melbourne showroom then so I had to fly up to Sydney to spec the car out... which I did for an 11am apointment on a Saturday. My now ex-gf and I turn up ... the sales guy is not there. Receptionist calls him... he forgot! Asks someone else to help me... at which point I crack the shits a bit. They can't confirm the colour combo I want so I have to wait 2 weeks - then they say I have to put another $15k down. Oh and by the way... your order number has slipped 15 places!

Anyway... I had a big fight with them and walked away from the order which is a good thing anyway... it was for $304k drive away... ouch!

4+ years on... I get a call from Trivett Aston Martin 3 weeks ago on a Monday... Dear Mr Igor... we noticed we kept a deposit of yours and would like to see if you're in the market for a car so we can put it towards a purchase!

Funnily enough I am in Sydney so i have a chat to the guy and tell him I will stop bagging the shit out of Trivett and won't even consider the idea of buying a car from them EVER if they kept my money for 4 years and now calling to sell me a car!!!!

I am polite to the sales guy cause he's new and it's not his fault... but I say to him... if I get my money, I'll even entertain the idea.

He says he will talk to management and call me within 24 hours 100%! I say to him, don't need 24 hours... you can call me next week.

That was 3 weeks ago. Not a peep.

WTF x 100!!!

Makes me  :gnasher:

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
So are you saying they still have your $5k and have had it for four years?

Offline Iggy_Type_R

So are you saying they still have your $5k and have had it for four years?
Yep... they refused to refund it.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Non-refundable deposit????
Seems so...

I forgot about this whole incident until they called me 4+ years later (sales must be BOOMING!) ... and now they made me almost as angry as I was 4 years ago.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

These guys took over the distribution for a few other brands lat year. I gave them a go when they said they'd do a fantastic service on one of my cars when we were out at a regular track day.

When I got the car back, it'd been driven in the rain, covered in mud and various bits of shit out of trees, had scratches on the car and had a tear in the drivers seat. I'm rarely furious, but these guys took the cake when they sent out the 'service manager' who took pictures then said he'd need a week to consider options.

Eventually it was all fixed, after months of aggro. Would never, ever give them my business again. If you want a legal letter from our company counsel to argue for that 5K I'd be happy to oblige!

C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

When I got the car back, it'd been driven in the rain, covered in mud and various bits of shit out of trees, had scratches on the car and had a tear in the drivers seat. I'm rarely furious, but these guys took the cake when they sent out the 'service manager' who took pictures then said he'd need a week to consider options.

How on earth did they tear the seat????  That just blows the mind........

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Come to think of it, zagame still has my deposit I paid for the evora at the melbourne motor show in 2009 I think? Better give them a call.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Well this thread is already on the 1st page of search results on Google under "Trivett Aston Martin" ...  :doh:

Andre, you gonna ask for interest too?

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I'm just shocked that there are so many of you just forgetting about thousands of dollars...  :eek: