Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

i find it bizzare that they would not give a deposit back as that's all it is until the real non-refundable deposit is placed down when you spec a car and sign a contract.

what is even more bizzare is that one would forget/no bother to get the deposit back.  :scratchchin:

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Assuming there's paperwork, it should state whether it is non-refundable or not. If it doesn't state anything then it should be refundable.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

I'm just shocked that there are so many of you just forgetting about thousands of dollars...  :eek:

Hey I didn't forget... I wasn't going to spend $10k in lawyers to get $5k back...  :scratchchin:

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Probably easier to threaten them with calling OBCA first or using low/no cost options before having to cough up lots for legal fees. That's dreadful service. I bought my Boxster from them some years ago and someone had removed the tool kit from the car after I paid my deposit and before they sent it down to Adelaide. Was not impressed and had to chase them up for it over and over to get the damn kit.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Mine is fully refundable, but it's one of those things that you keep puttin off over and over and never get around to doing it.

And then when they called me last year (2 years after I put down the deposit), trying to still sell me the car or offering to give me the deposit back, but I had to go in to sign paperwork (major pain in the ass), I told them that until I tell them otherwise, to just transfer the deposit to the 1st Aust del Esprit.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I told them that until I tell them otherwise, to just transfer the deposit to the 1st Aust del Esprit.

Good call :thumbsup:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Good call :thumbsup:
We'll see. At $600k, it better be damn good and look even better, as that will be the price of a demo level Aventador by then and I know which I'd rather have.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Iggy_Type_R

A surprising update on this story... today I get an email from the autoform on the Sports Car Club website from Trivett Aston Martin Sydney!!!

"Hello,

If you are interested in a White or Black Aston Martin Rapide, then we do have a demonstrator or new one available. Please call for futher information.

Regards"

Ummmm yeah right!!!!! It's a small world chaps... shouldn't go around pissing off so many customers or potential customers.