Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Why are you always right but contrary to common sense :scratchchin: :D

I'm always right, unless my wife tells me otherwise.

Then I'm right and contrite.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

HI guys

I was wondering what the running costs (not including tyres) of a 6.5 Vantage is.
Yes I know it is an open ended question but a bull park would be great

thanks in advance
p.s. I am comparing to a 911

My brother in law has one and loves it - although he's thinking of moving up to the bigger engine, newer model..  I remember the Isle of Man test that Top Gear did comparing it (unfavourably) to the Carrera S.  They look great and are a good car - just not as good to drive as a 911 according to every test I've read.  But I've never driven one.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
[
You can always get a Porsche later, they'll still be there, on every street corner and car lot.
[/quote]

Cause they work...... so well ........at everything..... might be why they are so popular! :thumbsup:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
My brother in law has one and loves it - although he's thinking of moving up to the bigger engine, newer model..  I remember the Isle of Man test that Top Gear did comparing it (unfavourably) to the Carrera S.  They look great and are a good car - just not as good to drive as a 911 according to every test I've read.  But I've never driven one.

I tried to find it on you tube but could not find it in english :thumbsdown:

• Soap Dodger

[
You can always get a Porsche later, they'll still be there, on every street corner and car lot.

Cause they work...... so well ........at everything..... might be why they are so popular! :thumbsup:

yes absolutely,

Maybe MHH should drive his 458 daily and save the Porsche for fun?  :scratchchin:

anyway, you revealed you grew up with ferraris (all black ones), so you've had your fun. You're condemned now to a life of predictablity, efficiency and statistics with Porsche now.

Shame, oh well.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

• Soap Dodger

They are both great. :)

yes, but as with the lambo, we all know which one you save for "special".

If you can have BOTH a porsche AND a truly special car.. then great.. but if you could have just one special car to accompany a daily driver........

Italian wins every time....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

yes, but as with the lambo, we all know which one you save for "special".

If you can have BOTH a porsche AND a truly special car.. then great.. but if you could have just one special car to accompany a daily driver........

Italian wins every time....

I've done 4,000km in 2 months in the Ferrari and 8,000km in 5 months in the Turbo.  I'm not saving the 458 for special occasions - I'm using it interchangeably with the Porsche.  Almost. ;) 

The Porsche isn't any less special - it just causes less reaction than the Ferrari, hence it is more likely to take me to the office.  The firmer suspension and heavier steering in the Porsche makes it feel more of a stealth weapon.  I like that feeling.

• Soap Dodger