Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
adam kaplan put his yellow one into a tree at classic adelaide.... sounds like a tough car to handle

A mate snapped a few (crap) pics on my camera at the Prologue and I didn't bother taking any others at the time as I wanted to chat to Adam and figgered I could get more later. :?

Also got a vid I think with it throwing flames out the back - have to try to remember to look for it when I get home, although that might have been some of the data that I lost.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
All I can remember of these cars is that a guy called Todd Wilkes died in a huge crash into a brick wall, I think, at Eastern Creek in one. It was a TT'd V8 & put out around 1000hp.
For anyone who can remember, it was probably one of the worst accidents I have seen.
It was back in 94.

Yep, as FF said, early 2000's. Todd was a computer guy and practically a neighbour of mine up in Brissie. He ran big TT LS1's in utes for years, started to drag them then started on the G project. Huge amount of controversy at the time about the concrete barrier at the end of the drag run.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Hows this for strange coinicidence...

I got a call today asking about transport of yet another one of these... just a local across Melb trip... car may be on the market soon I think.

These things have totally passed me by until now.... perhaps it's fate...

what with this and a Lotus Sport 300 coming up... spoilt for choice right now for some ~affordable collectable stuff that's probably nice to drive and cheapish to run.!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline TomE

I still can't believe the footage of the crash and fireball was shown on the news that night. Scary stuff as there was no way for him to pull the car up on time.

Pity his memorial site has now closed. It used to be at www.twinturbov8.com.au

All I can remember of these cars is that a guy called Todd Wilkes died in a huge crash into a brick wall, I think, at Eastern Creek in one. It was a TT'd V8 & put out around 1000hp.
For anyone who can remember, it was probably one of the worst accidents I have seen.
It was back in 94.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Hows this for strange coinicidence...

I got a call today asking about transport of yet another one of these... just a local across Melb trip... car may be on the market soon I think.

So, I did the transport job across town and then back again a month later, turns out it was for the originator of the concept who is in the process of giving his personal car a major sort out.

Lovely thing up close, and build quality of the one I just transported was great.

Offline sinkman

Hi,
I have been offered one of the above in "quiet" sale. Unmolested. In good condition. I am interested in your thoughts on 1. is this car collectable? and 2. what $ should I pay. The asking price is not cheap.
All opinions and thoughts appreciated.
Many Thanks

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Saw one up at Birdwood Motor Museum on Tuesday, I didnt take any notice of if they listed a value on it.
Im going back up on Monday, I'll see if they have a value on its board, if it has one, not all cars there do.

Offline CortinaD

They are certainly rare and from memory they were fetching about 70/80 k for them about 10 years ago.