Offline Alpinem3e92

I've done it many times, financed the on road price, the dealer gives me a refund on the on roads and they supply a permit to drive home then get redo sorted on arrival.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
If its  brand new car, purchase it from the dealer minus on roads costs. Have the dealer ship it to your address (if your a good negotiator get them include it in the purchase price) and you take it down get a vic rwc and pay stamp duty at vicroads
No need for RWC as it's a brand new car, never previously registered.

That's what I did with the AV SV as Zagame didn't want to register it under the company I wanted them to as the contract was made to a different company of mine. So I took the car off them unregistered, drove it to a VicRoads office where they inspected it for the VIN/engine numbers, paid them the $50k+ in stamp duty and it got rego'ed. No RWC required.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Well done at last! Just buy the damn thing already, getting it registered in Vic is no drama. I've done it several times in the past.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Don't want to hijack EV thread,so will respond her.  I am after all a fossil fuel burning bogan. :D

No, Scottski, haven't ordered yet.  Been busy at work and was giving my dealer a chance to get back to me.  I don't think he's interested in looking for a car for me, haven't heard from him, obviously nothing in it for him.  Will ring around Vic dealers tomorrow.  There's the car in Sydney.

Phani, there are cars but sounds like mainly Auto's.  I have no interest in an Auto.

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa

Phani, there are cars but sounds like mainly Auto's.  I have no interest in an Auto.
Fair enough mate. I wouldn't buy an auto myself. I thoroughly enjoyed owning a maloo and was gonna get this GTS-R in Manual but can't bring myself to purchase another car.
Only bogans like us will appreciate these cars mate  :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Don't want to hijack EV thread,so will respond her.  I am after all a fossil fuel burning bogan. :D

No, Scottski, haven't ordered yet.  Been busy at work and was giving my dealer a chance to get back to me.  I don't think he's interested in looking for a car for me, haven't heard from him, obviously nothing in it for him.  Will ring around Vic dealers tomorrow.  There's the car in Sydney.

Sounds like you're looking for an excuse NOT to buy it to me Mr Finkelstein.
Just get an employee to sit on the phone ringing every dealer in the country until he/she shakes one loose.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Fair enough mate. I wouldn't buy an auto myself. I thoroughly enjoyed owning a maloo and was gonna get this GTS-R in Manual but can't bring myself to purchase another car.

Sorry, you're not a true Bogan mate.  In all the times I've seen you, not ONCE have I seen you in a flannelette shirt. :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I appreciate them, I just wouldn't buy one any more than Brettski would buy an EV  :p

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I appreciate them, I just wouldn't buy one any more than Brettski would buy an EV  :p

Never say never.  I am getting old!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Camaro LT1 Manuals are dropping in price!?!?!?!??    :) :) :)
C'mon, do it!