Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Australian Supercar goes into production!

Joss Developments is about to form into a unlisted company and prepares to hit the road

After 10 years in development and the past three years in discussions with numerous parties, jpss Developments PTY LTD is proud to annound that it is planning to create an unlisted company and has launched into its production car development phase. Now Joss is finally in a position to finalize initial customer's deposits and shift into a new (as yet undisclosed) facility in Victoria.

A large portion of the team's time has been spent forming a strong management group with vast expertise that will be able to take this company to new levels demanded in the supercar markets of today. "We have a vast amount of experience from many facets of the automotive industry, including Formula One, Lemans racing, auto production, manufacturing and so on "Matt Thomas.

Joss developments has a company strategy that is pro-active in making car production and racing work hand in hand. "Our belief is that any strong brand must also be heavily involved in competition and this is why we are aiming our sight on GT racing as a spring board to the grearest race of all - Lemans! Currently we are in talks with an existing race team with a proven track record" - Matt Thomas

The production prototype vehicle has been re-designed and engineered these past two years and now with the support of large international supply companies JOSS has begun building its first sull production prototype. This car is based on our "test vehicle" unveiled at the 2004 Melbourne, Adelaide and sydney Motorshows but is being taken to mush higher levels of detail and performance. This car will genuinely gun for the big players of the Supercar world and will draw a line in the sand for Australian ingenuity

During pricate testing with re-development of current test vehicles, Joss has managed to crack the magical 3.00 second mark with a 2.98 second acceleration run off 0-100kms per hours.

This shows great signs for the production vehicle.

For more information please contact Joss Developments on: jossgt@bigpond.com

about time  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The spelling in that media release is terrible. I hope they are better engineers than they are spellers.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
that would be my crappy typing, the Joss website wouldn't let me copy over the text so i quickly typed it out  :?
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I sent them an email last week asking for a proper press release because I couldn't be bothered typing it myself. :D  No response. :?

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

that would be my crappy typing, the Joss website wouldn't let me copy over the text so i quickly typed it out  :?

That was nice of you!  Thanks!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Thank's for typing it out RS.

www.joss.com.au

Offline tdc911

I had a good talk to the founder of Joss at the Grand Prix.  Very nice guy and I hope he does well, seems very ambitious.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

This mob popped into my head today, went to there site and still looks exactly the same, though the above press release is dated Sept 2008. Wonder if it's going to look dated if it comes out considering it was designed 10 years ago!
Thinking about it, the GFC has probably killed it off again.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Well this is a bolt from the blue - just got sent a press release by their media department.  I'll follow it up...

MEDIA RELEASE

15 June 2009

THE AUSSIE SUPERCAR TO TAKE ON FERRARI AND LAMBORGHINI

The first Australian built mid-engine sports car is gearing up to roll out its first model as interest from buyers and investors increases ahead of its production car development phase.

The Joss Supercar, created by industrial designer and automotive modeler Matt Thomas, was first revealed to the market five years ago, and since then his international team has been refining the car and the company’s business model.

The Joss Supercar has been designed for general road use and will compete against elite marques such as the Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Murcielago and the Porsche Carrera GT, with superior performance and a smaller price tag.

Its impressive statistics including a 2.98 second acceleration time from zero to 100km, and an as yet undisclosed, high tech V8 engine that will generate over 500bhp and give the Joss a top speed in excess of 340 km per hour.

Mr Thomas says it’s a long-term dream that he can see finally coming to full fruition.

“I’m passionate about what I’ve created and have gathered a first-class team with the necessary experience to help get the car into full production,” Mr Thomas says.

“We have been refining the mechanics of the business model and the car and are now satisfied that we have the right product and systems in place to move forward.

“This is now not just about producing an Australian first and world-class supercar, but ensuring the business is resourced adequately to meet pent-up production demand.”

Mr Thomas recently restructured his business into an unlisted private company to take advantage of increasing investor interest. The company already has 10 confirmed orders and dozens more expressions of interest.

“The supercar industry worldwide is a significant business, with some buyers willing to part with well over $1 million to secure the latest and fastest performance vehicles,” Mr Thomas says.

“From a business point of view we are providing a super prestige vehicle which will rattle the supercar industry, outperforming most others in its class but with sharper performance and at a fraction of the cost.

“The interest generated form potential buyers through our trials and previews over the past few years has been phenomenal and we expect our initial annual production of 25 to be snapped up very quickly.”

The car’s popularity has even seen it featured as a racing option on Microsoft’s XBOX games Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4.

Mr Thomas has extensive experience in the automotive design industry including aerodynamic work with the Stewart Grand Prix Formula One team (prior to being bought by Jaguar), design and clay modeling for prestige European manufacturers including Aston Martin, Bentley and BMW, and clay modeling for Ford and HSV in Australia.

The Joss Supercar will sell for close to $600,000 with production expected to take place in Victoria.

The company is also aiming to engage the Joss Supercar in racing.

“Our belief is that any strong brand must be heavily involved in competition and this is why we are aiming our sites on GT racing as a spring board to races such as Le Mans,” Mr Thomas says.

“Currently we are in talks with an established racing team with a proven track record to help realise this goal.

“All these factors are strategically designed to take on the big guns of the industry and to establish Australia as a serious supercar design and manufacturing hub.”

For more information visit the Joss website www.joss.com.au