Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Or is it a M135i?  Not a real M car perhaps....

Anyway, I drove one today. What a great little car.  No oil painting but a fantastic drivetrain with really impressive performance.  Not cheap though.  You could spend almost $100K on the road if you go crazy with the huge option list.

Offline dkabab

100k gets a 1m... What's the list price though? 70k might make more sense.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The base car is high $60's but they are mostly coming with auto so low $70's.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Really interesting - I read its very impressive dynamically, out of interest if you just throw some sensible options on how does it price up? Have you tried the 1M if so how does it compare......

Offline mtarone

List price is 70s if i recall correctly. Doubt there will be much discounting going on as demand will outstrip supply.

I think alvchua referred to it as a puffer fish. Very apt :)

No LSD would make cornering a bit frustrating as I imagine the inside tyre will want to break loose.

But yes $100k will get you a 1m.

Offline mtarone

There's already an LCI update to fix the headlights coming out soon, that should clean up the look substantially.

Offline CortinaD

List price is 70s if i recall correctly. Doubt there will be much discounting going on as demand will outstrip supply.

I think alvchua referred to it as a puffer fish. Very apt :)

No LSD would make cornering a bit frustrating as I imagine the inside tyre will want to break loose.

But yes $100k will get you a 1m.

85k drive away for manual one with NAV and a roof, needs to be 10k cheaper. They aren't doing deals either, I rang around and got the usual rubbish from the local who thinks 5k off is the deal of the century, and a couple of dealers interstate were offering 2k off and none had any december allocations left.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

85k drive away for manual one with NAV and a roof, needs to be 10k cheaper. They aren't doing deals either, I rang around and got the usual rubbish from the local who thinks 5k off is the deal of the century, and a couple of dealers interstate were offering 2k off and none had any december allocations left.

"Needs to be 10K cheaper" - if they are sold out, I don't think you can be right. :)

Offline CortinaD

"Needs to be 10K cheaper" - if they are sold out, I don't think you can be right. :)

They had sold 2 cars less than a month ago.

10k cheaper base so its at the same price point as the Golf R. Makes me think the Golf R replacement will be 10k dearer as I think they are similar markets, 4 door smallish hot hatch but others will obviously disagree.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
They had sold 2 cars less than a month ago.

10k cheaper base so its at the same price point as the Golf R. Makes me think the Golf R replacement will be 10k dearer as I think they are similar markets, 4 door smallish hot hatch but others will obviously disagree.

I think your right on the market competition - IMO the problem with the R is that since it now shares the same engine as GTI it's not better enough to validate its price point, plus I think 4wheel drive is redundant in this type of vehicle in the Oz market .....would rather 2 wheel drive...and whilst current BM's are not easy in the eye ....they know how to tune a chassis!

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Number Plates ] NSW Number Plates 360c Yesterday at 23:37
[ Cars ] Maserati Gransport Keys dodger Yesterday at 20:48
[ Cars ] Help Me to Find Best Wedding Reception Venues Sydney? PA Yesterday at 20:21
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Forget about Lily, this is cooler charliekay Yesterday at 19:01
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept TJB Yesterday at 16:15
[ Racing ] Australian GT series tdc911 Yesterday at 13:01
[ British Cars ] RR Cullinan 360c Yesterday at 11:12
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees 360c Yesterday at 01:02
[ Racing ] ADAC Nurburgring 24 Hours tdc911 Sat, 27 May, 2017 - 22:05
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S mhh Sat, 27 May, 2017 - 21:24