Offline amy xx

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Definately worth the hour it took to open the photo's

Great colour  :thumbsup:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Great wheels too it makes all the difference. :tilt:

Offline a.taylor

You should get your subframe checked :)

I am aware of that problem, from what i understand repairing it requires quite extensive work?

..maybe they're getting a little long in the tooth?

Not sure I would go that far. Everything is still rock solid there just seem's to be a few anoying issues like these pop up now and then.

Love that 4th shot  :)

The product of the dead alternator and a couple of hours to wait for assistance to arrive  :rolleyes:

The colour definatley gets a lot of attention and was one of the big draws when i first saw it. I almost ended up with a black one. It only had 30,000 on the clock, condition was as new. I was quite amazed when i inspected it, very happy with this one though  :thumbsup:

Offline hummel

Not sure I would go that far. Everything is still rock solid there just seem's to be a few anoying issues like these pop up now and then.

Not saying it applies to your car in general at all. Don't get me wrong I love them but they are getting on in their years! Still a classic looking sports car at a very good price. Well done :D

Offline CortinaD

I am aware of that problem, from what i understand repairing it requires quite extensive work?

The product of the dead alternator and a couple of hours to wait for assistance to arrive  :rolleyes:

The colour definatley gets a lot of attention and was one of the big draws when i first saw it. I almost ended up with a black one. It only had 30,000 on the clock, condition was as new. I was quite amazed when i inspected it, very happy with this one though  :thumbsup:

Have a look in the gallery under my name. http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-12305-fullsize.html

THat swhat they cut out of my car.

Offline a.taylor

So I did quite a bit of driving over the long weekend. Usually I would avoid any spirited drives over long weekends, there's just to much frustration on the roads. This weekend however I was catching up with family and friends in Falls Creek so figured I would make the most of it.

If you don't feel inclined to read the story and just look at the pictures I won't be offended :).

There were only 2 stints from the trip that weren't enjoyable. Driving down the Hume Highway to Wagga Wagga was the first. That was on Friday with the rest of the country on the road too. It would seem that the vast majority of people have no idea how to use a freeway/highway, I was forever undertaking people whilst cursing at the speed limit, people need to get proactive with lane changing. The other painful stint was from Nowra back to Wollongong along the Princess Highway on the Monday. A couple of minor accidents managed to bring traffic to a crawl between Nowra and Kiama turning the last hour of my trip into two. In hindsight Kangaroo Valley would have been much more enjoyable but after 11 hours on the road I only had getting home on my mind.

The first bit of exciting road that I tackled was the climb from Mount Beauty up to Falls Creek. This was on the Saturday but I didn't have high hopes of getting a clear run up. It turned out much better than expected, I only passed a hand full of cars going up and there is plenty of road so cars coming down are not an issue. This little sprint was something of a rediscovery for me having been somewhat frustrated in recent months with the car/driving etc. it reminded me why I had the M3 in the first place and made all the frustration worth while. I could have happily driven back down the mountain and back up the Hume satisfied that the trip was worth it. My plans where somewhat more grand.

Falls Creek in the summer is a great spot.

IMG_4618 by a.taylor, on Flickr
IMG_4627 by a.taylor, on Flickr
View from Mt. McKay by a.taylor, on Flickr

The brief for the route home was simple.. Follow the twisty roads (and make the trip on Monday rather than Tuesday).
Those roads were as follows Google Map - The Long Way Home

The stretch from Falls Creek out to the Omeo Highway has only been sealed for a few years and was a lot of fun. Early in the morning I was the only one on the road, it is quite wide for a mountain back road and smooth all the way through. The surface was a little loose in places but otherwise an excellent stretch. The scenery was great at that time of the day too.

Frosty morning by a.taylor, on Flickr
Above the clouds by a.taylor, on Flickr
IMG_4767 by a.taylor, on Flickr
IMG_4769 by a.taylor, on Flickr

Once on the Omeo highway the road straightened out somewhat with some nice flowing corners. They didn't last long though as the surface changed to gravel and wound back into the mountains. I was expecting this and had in fact changed my route to this road which has less gravel than my initial plans. There was about 30km of gravel to deal with  and thankfully it was all in reasonably good shape. Once the gravel was out of the way the drive north towards and beyond Mitta Mitta was initially tight, plenty of work but lots of fun. The road eventually became a fairly typical country road but still had plenty of rises, dips and bends to maintain the interest and enjoyment.

The next challenging stint was from Khancoban across the Alpine way to Jindabyne. I didn't really know what to expect  on this stretch and was somewhat disappointed with how narrow the road was. On any other day of the year I imagine it would be quite an enjoyable drive but being a holiday there was a lot of traffic (mostly coming against me which was a little odd) so staying on the edge of the road and being very cautious was the order of the day.

After some lunch in Jindabyne I set out for the coast taking the back way so as to keep away from as much of the population as possible. What a great choice that turned out to be  :thumbsup: . The Snowy River Way has recently been rebuilt. Its wide, very smooth and you can see for ages across the high plains ;) .

The last twisty bit of road down the hill to the coast was a disappointment having been caught behind some slow traffic but that was to be expected with all the holiday makers in the area.

From there it was just a cruise up the coast back to the 'gong. Dealing with everyone who thinks double demerits means the speed limit is also reduced by 10km/h where I could.

The Victorian high country was definitely the pick of it but all up a great 1500k's with plenty of grime and insect life to show for it.

Well used by a.taylor, on Flickr
Dirty by a.taylor, on Flickr

Offline cel

Thanks for the write up! The blue comes out so well in the first photo, looks very good  :thumbsup:

Offline CortinaD

Your car looks fantastic in those photos.

How many times did you fill up for the 1500kms ?

Offline Mr Enzo

Nice shots mate. Like the blue on those M3's  :thumbsup:
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.