Offline Undefined

• Drives: Toyota 86
  • Name: Waqar Ahmed
Great write up mate!

Car looks good :thumbsup:

Offline a.taylor

Cheers for the kind words lads  :thumbsup:

How many times did you fill up for the 1500kms ?

4 times on the trip +1 to start off with, only The last was a full tank worth. Wollongong to start the trip, Wagga, Mt Beauty, Khancoban (only 95 on the pump there) and Uladulla.

Offline a.taylor

So after 12 months sorting out some personal issues I've started floating around these parts again :thumbsup:

The M3 is still going strong, just about to tick over the 150,000km mark for an average of about 23,000km/year of great driving since I picked it up. My last good drive was the scenic route home to see the folks. From Wollongong to Bega is really just a cruise down the coast but then everything from Bega through to Tumut (via Jindabyne, see route here http://goo.gl/maps/2Mp1c) is amazing driving! I have done it in both directions a couple of times now and its just fun.

Back on the car front I thought it was time for a bit of a change so I thought I would see how the M3 looked with white wheels. I coated them with PlastDip but the quality of my finish leaves a lot to be desired however I do think the white works really well with the blue so I might make it more permanent and get them powder coated. Any opinions?

Image: 2003 E46 M3
White Wheel Experiment Rear by a.taylor, on Flickr

Image: 2003 E46 M3
White Wheel Experiment Front by a.taylor, on Flickr

Cheers,
Andrew  :)

Offline scud

• Rocket man

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I like the look - white on your lovely blue M3! FWIW - cost of a good powdercoat job will cost as much as an aftermarket wheel and you could probably spec it in the colour of your choice!

Offline Paulstar

welcome back  :thumbsup: the white wheels look great

Offline cel

I've said it before but the blue looks amazing on the M3.

I really like the white wheels as well. We should take it for some photos when you're in Sydney :)

Offline a.taylor

Cheers Scud, looking froward to seeing the crew out on the road again.

Al I've never seen a photo of the e46 with a wheel other than these or the CSL wheel (or similar) which I actually thought looked great. Not exactly sure why I just haven't seen a different design that I thought suited the car.

Sounds like a good idea cel, I'll let you know when I expect to be in town next with some spare time.

Offline TWD

• Drives: All sorts
Andrew - nice M3! Is that Le Mans Blue? Our family has a LM Blue E46 M3 in Wollongong too  :thumbsup:

Offline a.taylor

Its actually Interlagos Blue, not alot to pick between the two though. I actually saw the other one (the family one you speak of) for the first time just a couple of days after getting back from QLD with mine :rolleyes: