Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I went and had a look at Range Rovers last weekend as it's time to move out of the X5M.

Has anyone here driven both the current model Range Rover Sport and the full monty luxury Range Rover? I quite like the idea of the
Supercharged V8 petrol Sport; but suspect that the normal Range Rover would be better suited as a luxury daily driver. Opinions from anyone with any experience?

I am going to have another look and a test drive this weekend.

No knowledge or experience (neither are required for an opinion here :p) but I think you are on the right track - if you really want/need a big SUV. The RR Sport with all the engine you can get. :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
No knowledge or experience (neither are required for an opinion here :p) but I think you are on the right track - if you really want/need a big SUV. The RR Sport with all the engine you can get. :thumbsup:

The 5.5 Ltr Supercharged V8 sounds like a Sports Sedan :thumbsup:

We need one big SUV as the family hack, not much I can do about it. The only disappointing thing about the Sport is it doesn't have anywhere near as much room inside as the X5M despite being a bloody huge lump of a thing.

The uber luxury of the full monty Rangie with the 29 speaker 1700 watt 3D surround sound system and a bigger interior than the Sport is probably more sensible though.

Offline dkabab

The uber luxury of the full monty Rangie with the 29 speaker 1700 watt 3D surround sound system ......... is probably more sensible though.

not sure if sensible, but good enough for me.... :cool:

Offline app

I went and had a look at Range Rovers last weekend as it's time to move out of the X5M.

Has anyone here driven both the current model Range Rover Sport and the full monty luxury Range Rover? I quite like the idea of the
Supercharged V8 petrol Sport; but suspect that the normal Range Rover would be better suited as a luxury daily driver. Opinions from anyone with any experience?

I am going to have another look and a test drive this weekend.

Black Jag :cool:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The 5.5 Ltr Supercharged V8 sounds like a Sports Sedan :thumbsup:

We need one big SUV as the family hack, not much I can do about it. The only disappointing thing about the Sport is it doesn't have anywhere near as much room inside as the X5M despite being a bloody huge lump of a thing.

The uber luxury of the full monty Rangie with the 29 speaker 1700 watt 3D surround sound system and a bigger interior than the Sport is probably more sensible though.

Other than fitting no. plates to one, and whipping it around the block with the owner, no real experience...

But super impressive in all respects.

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

360c, I have the 2012 Range Rover TDV8 Luxury and have driven it everywhere from Syd to Adelaide, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Frazer Island and all over NSW. Mine is chipped and it gives 440hp and 880 nm . I drive daily from Sydney to the Hunter Valley, a round trip of 220km's and it is sublime. I have had 4 X5's in various configurations and a couple of RR Sports but the  Full Fat Rangie is in another league.
Mine is the update model with a reasonable amount of the current Rangie gear in it. I would own another in a flash.

Just sayin.

Grant
Always Gunna

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Other than fitting no. plates to one, and whipping it around the block with the owner, no real experience...

But super impressive in all respects.

Now that you mention it I remember you posted a photo at the time. Great looking thing for an SUV.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

360c, I have the 2012 Range Rover TDV8 Luxury and have driven it everywhere from Syd to Adelaide, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Frazer Island and all over NSW. Mine is chipped and it gives 440hp and 880 nm . I drive daily from Sydney to the Hunter Valley, a round trip of 220km's and it is sublime. I have had 4 X5's in various configurations and a couple of RR Sports but the  Full Fat Rangie is in another league.
Mine is the update model with a reasonable amount of the current Rangie gear in it. I would own another in a flash.

Just sayin.

Grant

Thanks for the feedback Grant. A couple of questions for you though, what is the diesel engine like and is there a ton of body roll that goes along with the limo like ride?
The press on the current model suggests the body roll is much reduced ; but watching youtube videos of it I am not convinced.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

What about a Cayenne Turbo S?  That'll get out of its own way.