Offline hydie

The Firenze red seems to be the normal metallic in the brochure for the Sport. There is a premium metallic which I gather is a pearl called "Chile" which is a tad darker with a bit more orange to it.

Which state are you a dealer at?
Northern NSW. :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline hydie

Shame you are not in Vic.
Agreed.

We have both BMW and Land Rover, so it's quite normal to see customers looknig at both! :P

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Agreed.

We have both BMW and Land Rover, so it's quite normal to see customers looknig at both! :P

They really are a very different product, I was quite surprised.
I am looking forward to some test drives :)

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Thanks for the feedback Grant. A couple of questions for you though, what is the diesel engine like and is there a ton of body roll that goes along with the limo like ride?
The press on the current model suggests the body roll is much reduced ; but watching youtube videos of it I am not convinced.

Scott, mine has just a little more HP than the new RR coz it's tuned but it is also way more heavy than the new one. Mine makes most V8 petrol engines look very poor indeed, it's a torque monster! It also returns around 8 ltrs/100 k around town!

Does it roll around??? Yep, it does. But not as much as you think and the new improved airbag suspension in the new is supposed to be way better. As the car goes faster, it sits down lower and the roll is noticeably reduced.

Buy one, you'll love it
Always Gunna

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

They are absolutely mammoth externally; but strangely they really don't have a lot of room in the back seat.
They have just released a Long Wheel base version which would fix that; but I haven't seen one in the showroom to check. It's about 200mm longer and all of it in the rear doors.

The other thing about the Range Rovers is that they have got seriously expensive compared to the last model. The Sport with the Supercharged 5.5ltr petrol is OTR at $196k before options and it's easy to break the $240k barrier.
The Full cream RR is $264k OTR sans options in short wheelbase and $300k is possible with some enthusiasm :p

My 2012 listed at $247k with most everything. I don't have the round the car cameras and I don't have deplorable side steps??.
Always Gunna

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Scott, mine has just a little more HP than the new RR coz it's tuned but it is also way more heavy than the new one. Mine makes most V8 petrol engines look very poor indeed, it's a torque monster! It also returns around 8 ltrs/100 k around town!

Does it roll around??? Yep, it does. But not as much as you think and the new improved airbag suspension in the new is supposed to be way better. As the car goes faster, it sits down lower and the roll is noticeably reduced.

Buy one, you'll love it

Sounds like I might have to look into the diesel option a bit further if I go the full Monty RR.  I spend $8k a year on fuel just commuting in the X5M and I fear the RR supercharged petrol engine would be way worse than that.

I think I will have to test drive it to see how annoying the body roll would be. The X5M  is really very, very good in this regard; but the ride does suffer for it. The other thing that annoys me about the X5M is the insame amount of road noise those big tyres generate. Lots of wind noise from the mirrors as well.

I'm almost certain I will be in a Range Rover this time around, it's just a question of which one :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

My 2012 listed at $247k with most everything. I don't have the round the car cameras and I don't have deplorable side steps??.

Sounds like it's gone up by about $35 to $40k as the short wheelbase with everything except the executive seating in the back is $285k ish OTR list.

Not having bought an RR before, I am a bit unsure how much of a deal can be had off list. Any chance you could point me in the right direction :)

Online OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
You don't happen to know which verion of black that is?

Not sure if thats the same black as this one I shot recently - had some sort of red/brown flake through it.

Great looking cars and drive just as well IMO.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Not sure if thats the same black as this one I shot recently - had some sort of red/brown flake through it.

Great looking cars and drive just as well IMO.

That would be "Borolo Black" which is a premium metallic.