Offline NickS

I just spoke with BMW interstate and they cant do an inspection until Tuesday! Arghhhh!

Is it worth doing the 100 point inspection or will that just be $330 to tell me what I already know (ie discs are nearly knackered) etc.

It doesnt include a compression test but apparently they can do an electronic compression test through the pc which is "nearly as good as mechanical" as said by Adelaide Motors.

M500 - thanks for the advice - but 06 models seem to still be around 120 firm which i dont want to pay - and most dont have the keyless go etc.

This one has the ventilated seats etc.

Nick

Offline M500

Nick good luck with your impending purchase.

When I sold my 06 M5, the buyer had Adelaide Motors do a Pre-Purchase Inspection and their electronic compression test. This whole process cost around $500 and only exposed front tyres nearing replacement. IMO a waste of money.

As Lebupor said, take some time to thoroughly look through the I-Drive menu to see what requires attention and use your best judgement to asess the car's general condition.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

You mentioned that you looked at the car, but did you drive it? If so did it feel right? Have you driven other m5s to compare the sounds and feel against? If not, then I think you should not risk buying without the bmW checks. Happy to talk further if you need, just pm me yer mob.

Offline NickS

Hey guys,

I test drove the one in Sydney. It was silver grey - 49,000kms - no warranty etc.

When I got there - despite asking the owner about the condition 100 times to which he said it was flawless - the interior looked worn out, there were stone chips all over the front bumper, the rear bar looked like it had been removed and refitted poorly and i instantly got that feeling...which is bad as it should be love at first sight. The guy was a jerk as well. I flew all the way to Sydney, he rocked up an hour late and then wanted to only let me look at it and drive it for about 20 minutes. Jackass.

To cut a long story short - I told the guy he was dreaming and called a victorian dealer that I have been trying to bargain down for months on a different one - and said "do you want to make a quick sale before xmas" said all of the global financial crisis stuff - we ended up agreeing on a price I was more than happy with and I negotiated a 3 year factory warranty and all scheduled servicing for 3 years also. This particular car I saw advertised about 3 months ago and thought "I would love that car" - so it was the right feeling and it all worked out very well.

The car is silverstone colour, black interior, a few options here and there and the M6 wheels and new tyres (as well as the standard M5 wheels).  It is in perfect condition, one local Victorian mature owner, low kms yada yada yada and I am flying to Melb on Boxing Day night and picking it up and driving back to adelaide on Saturday :)

Will let you all know how it is.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Hey guys,

I test drove the one in Sydney. It was silver grey - 49,000kms - no warranty etc.

When I got there - despite asking the owner about the condition 100 times to which he said it was flawless - the interior looked worn out, there were stone chips all over the front bumper, the rear bar looked like it had been removed and refitted poorly and i instantly got that feeling...which is bad as it should be love at first sight. The guy was a jerk as well. I flew all the way to Sydney, he rocked up an hour late and then wanted to only let me look at it and drive it for about 20 minutes. Jackass.

To cut a long story short - I told the guy he was dreaming and called a victorian dealer that I have been trying to bargain down for months on a different one - and said "do you want to make a quick sale before xmas" said all of the global financial crisis stuff - we ended up agreeing on a price I was more than happy with and I negotiated a 3 year factory warranty and all scheduled servicing for 3 years also. This particular car I saw advertised about 3 months ago and thought "I would love that car" - so it was the right feeling and it all worked out very well.

The car is silverstone colour, black interior, a few options here and there and the M6 wheels and new tyres (as well as the standard M5 wheels).  It is in perfect condition, one local Victorian mature owner, low kms yada yada yada and I am flying to Melb on Boxing Day night and picking it up and driving back to adelaide on Saturday :)

Will let you all know how it is.

Merry Xmas.

Sounds like you have been a good boy and Santa has delivered.  Have a safe trip back home and enjoy.  ;)

Offline CortinaD

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline NickS

Keen! Let me know when - I will pm you my details.

I got her through regency today and picked up one of my sets of historic plates at motor reg that has been sitting there since I bought it a few years back. Feels good to release that plate from the government confines! I need to buy more cars to get the rest of the plates hehe.

Will see you around the place :)

Offline CortinaD

Keen! Let me know when - I will pm you my details.

I got her through regency today and picked up one of my sets of historic plates at motor reg that has been sitting there since I bought it a few years back. Feels good to release that plate from the government confines! I need to buy more cars to get the rest of the plates hehe.

Will see you around the place :)

You could sell me one  :o

Offline waz356

Congrats! Cruise time!

Are you going to invite others from the Panzer division along?  :thumbsup: