Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

What happened to Nick?? My M5 is getting lonely...

CortinaD, up for a weekend cruise??

Offline CortinaD

He got it. Caught up with him 2 weeks ago for a quick run. Car is mint!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline NickS

Hey guys!

Sorry I went underground! Have been flat out drumming up work for the new year!

So - yep got the car - and I adore it!

I drove it all the way back from Melb without front or rear numberplates - and expected to be stopped at least a dozen times......but I only passed one single cop car in Bordertown and he just looked at me and kept driving! How dodgy is that!

I don't like the fuel bills! I think I will take the smart car to work once the novelty wears off! If it wears off!

Keen for a bit of a cruise some time soon!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope it is successful for you all.

:thumbsup:

PS if anyone has a cheap way of enabling the tv to operate when driving that would be good....and likewise what is the cost of an ipod kit? Adelaide motors give me an "around about the $500-$700 mark)!!

Offline CortinaD

Hey guys!

Sorry I went underground! Have been flat out drumming up work for the new year!

So - yep got the car - and I adore it!

I drove it all the way back from Melb without front or rear numberplates - and expected to be stopped at least a dozen times......but I only passed one single cop car in Bordertown and he just looked at me and kept driving! How dodgy is that!

I don't like the fuel bills! I think I will take the smart car to work once the novelty wears off! If it wears off!

Keen for a bit of a cruise some time soon!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope it is successful for you all.

:thumbsup:

PS if anyone has a cheap way of enabling the tv to operate when driving that would be good....and likewise what is the cost of an ipod kit? Adelaide motors give me an "around about the $500-$700 mark)!!

If yours is OBDII we should be able to just buy a ipod kit and put it in ourselves, if its MOST my laptop wont connect to the car :(

Never seen the tv in motion happen on an idrive car IRL

Offline NickS

If yours is OBDII we should be able to just buy a ipod kit and put it in ourselves, if its MOST my laptop wont connect to the car :(

Never seen the tv in motion happen on an idrive car IRL

The one I test drove in Sydney originally had tv in motion mate.

It is a simple harness that you can buy from various places - but often in GBP and they charge like a wounded bull.

eg: http://www.pegasus-online.net/bmwupgrades/bmw-e60-tv-in-motion-advanced-p-12657.html

BUT!

Dwayne - do you have the "BMW GT-1" tool? Because according to this site http://www.pmcal.com/tv.html you can unlock the tv in motion through the OBDII port (if I have that).

Quote from website:
Latest "Vehicle-in-Motion" TV Enabling/Unlocking Software
TV Activation* for all Mercedes NTG-2 Command Systems via OBD port using the latest MB Star diagnostic equipment.

TV Activation for all BMW Models E60, E61, E63, E65, E87, E90, E91 etc via the OBD port using the BMW GT-1 diagnostic tool .

*TV activation process via the vehicles OBD port disables the TV safety feature which then enables the TV or DVD to be viewed whilst the car is in motion.

Offline CortinaD

The one I test drove in Sydney originally had tv in motion mate.

It is a simple harness that you can buy from various places - but often in GBP and they charge like a wounded bull.

eg: http://www.pegasus-online.net/bmwupgrades/bmw-e60-tv-in-motion-advanced-p-12657.html

BUT!

Dwayne - do you have the "BMW GT-1" tool? Because according to this site http://www.pmcal.com/tv.html you can unlock the tv in motion through the OBDII port (if I have that).

Quote from website:
Latest "Vehicle-in-Motion" TV Enabling/Unlocking Software
TV Activation* for all Mercedes NTG-2 Command Systems via OBD port using the latest MB Star diagnostic equipment.

TV Activation for all BMW Models E60, E61, E63, E65, E87, E90, E91 etc via the OBD port using the BMW GT-1 diagnostic tool .

*TV activation process via the vehicles OBD port disables the TV safety feature which then enables the TV or DVD to be viewed whilst the car is in motion.

Yeah I knew it could now be done just never seen it on a iDrive car before in real life.

Yeah I have a BMW GT1/DIS/SSS but I only has the OBD head. Will plug it in and check your car out next time.

Offline NickS

So let's organize another one soon!

I sometimes see QQ on a black M5 in Pirie Street - is that the same car that love to cruise was once on?

Is that you?

Nick