Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
I drove the new M3 back to back with a mate's E46 CSL on the weekend - and yes, it's good but he old model was more focussed... ;)

For mine, I found it more fun than the RS4 (not as much room for kids though), and it feels faster than the Cayman, albeit heavier - but I believe the Evo is still quicker point-to-point. The manual is better to drive than the SMG in the CSL (sure the SMG shifts faster than me, but there's no substitute for an h-gate). We get ours in about 2-weeks - silver/grey with 19" rims and I think the carbon roof. I'm counting the days...

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Hi Jamezilla! I'm going to be in Melb on 6/12-8/12 as I'll be doing the BMW Perfection course on Phillip Island. Although we don't know each other, any chance I could score a ride as pax in yer new M3 if you are around? The Adelaide dealer can't give me much time in the M3 over here as it's actually under contract  :rolleyes:

I will ofcourse understand if you'd rather not :)

Offline CortinaD

Hi Jamezilla! I'm going to be in Melb on 6/12-8/12 as I'll be doing the BMW Perfection course on Phillip Island. Although we don't know each other, any chance I could score a ride as pax in yer new M3 if you are around? The Adelaide dealer can't give me much time in the M3 over here as it's actually under contract  :rolleyes:

I will ofcourse understand if you'd rather not :)

What did you think of the perfection course?

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

It was the 2nd time that I had done it. The first time was at Mallala in South Australia, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The instructors are very helpful and friendly. They also allowed us to drive within what they think our limits are; which was helpful for us in realizing what our limit actually was. I'll most likely enrol for the Facination 1 course next.

The Phillip Island experience was just awesome. It is such a fun and fast track. Have to get back there one day soon!

Offline CortinaD

It was the 2nd time that I had done it. The first time was at Mallala in South Australia, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The instructors are very helpful and friendly. They also allowed us to drive within what they think our limits are; which was helpful for us in realizing what our limit actually was. I'll most likely enrol for the Facination 1 course next.

The Phillip Island experience was just awesome. It is such a fun and fast track. Have to get back there one day soon!

Thanks. I did Advanced 2 @ Phillip Island at the end of last year. It has given me the bug.