Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
One just went up for sale, made me wonder how many are around these parts?

For Sale: 2003 BMW M3 CSL - State: QLD
Price: $130,000
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: E46 M3 CSL
YEAR: 2003
COLOUR: Saphir Black
KM: 80000
GEARBOX: SMG
REGO: HJM03
VIN/CHASSIS: WBSBL96080JC98508

State: QLD
Name: Henry Janz
Description:
Black E46 M3 CSL with Intrax suspension and AP racing brakes.

Owned since May 2007 and maintained in the UK by BMW (extended warranty) and Simpson Motorsport.

De-restricted by BMW in Munich.

Since December 2009 in Australia as a personal import.

2 sets of Magnesium Alloys - one with the Cups - approx 80% remaining - and one with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric tyres - approx. 90% remaining.

Original suspension parts are included in sale.

Car has aircon and stereo.

Reason for sale: Have only done 3Tkm in the last 12 months.

Open to negotiation.

Offline hjanz

• Drives: M3 CSL
From what I heard approx 27 - so not too many. I know that there is at least one other one here at the Gold Coast, but I haven't met him yet.

Offline a.taylor

Interesting. $70k extra for a CSL over what i paid for my '03 80,00km M3 :scared:

The CSL trim looks great though.

All the best with the sale :thumbsup:

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Pretty rich for an import with those sort of km's even though there are maybe 5-10 black Aus delivered cars, if that.

There are 3 or more Grey CSL's on Carpoint.......1 with 22,000km on it & i think you could pick it up for mid - high $90k! It has had a few price drops in the time it has been up but I think a great buy....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I sold my Oz delivered Silver Grey CSL with 105,000 km's for $97k 4 years ago. It had the full AP brake system fitted and extended carbon fibre interior and door mirrors. There were 24 official BMW Oz delivered cars RRP $224K OTR; but numerous English imports have come in since.
Prices have firmed and begun to rise overseas in the last couple of years; but I haven't followed local prices. With only 24 Oz delivered cars, the supply/demand equation could cause local price distortion in comparison to overseas indicators.

The CSL is a fantastic car and it can't be compared in any way to the normal E46 M3. I loved mine and it is one of the few cars that I have owned that I actually miss.

Offline CortinaD

Pretty rich for an import with those sort of km's even though there are maybe 5-10 black Aus delivered cars, if that.

There are 3 or more Grey CSL's on Carpoint.......1 with 22,000km on it & i think you could pick it up for mid - high $90k! It has had a few price drops in the time it has been up but I think a great buy....

I heard like 2 aussie delivered ones that were black here but like with anything BMW dealers say, it is usually bullshit.

I saw a black one here last weekend but couldn't get the camera out in time.

At the time I got mine, a grey CSL in adelaide with ap brakes had 8000kms on it for 140k and it wasn't selling, I regret not shelling out the extra cash for it.

Offline hjanz

• Drives: M3 CSL
Yeah - I agree it is difficult to get a feeling of the what the value is here in Oz. From a driving performance perspective one should probably look to compare it to a 996 GT3 of that time.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Yeah - I agree it is difficult to get a feeling of the what the value is here in Oz. From a driving performance perspective one should probably look to compare it to a 996 GT3 of that time.

The 996 GT3 would wipe the floor with a CSL I am afraid; but it is the obvious competitor.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

The CSL is a fantastic car and it can't be compared in any way to the normal E46 M3. I loved mine and it is one of the few cars that I have owned that I actually miss.

I don't miss it, and you only missed it by a day or two the other day!!

It had the usual "falling to bits" syndrome... door rubbers, interior trim... I'm afraid, as good as they are, they really are NOT much better than a Maserati! There, i said it!!!!!

I'd rather have a good (if you can find it) 3200... You can get them for ~$40k, and they're great and actually NOT that hard to keep going once you know where to tickle them.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Come on Philly, you must be kidding.
My old CSL has been acting as a daily driver since late 2003. I sold it at 105,000 km's and I don't know what it's got now; but lets say it does the average 15,000 km's a year = 150,000 km's today? Not many cars would go that far, for that long, as a daily driver without some wear and tear.
I drove a 3200 years ago and it was a heap of shit IMHO. I can understand why the Modern Maserati reputation for unreliability started with it. I doubt that many (any?) 3200's saw daily driver duty and as a result are still low mileage today.
That would help with the wear and tear ;)

As you know, I loved my Maserati Granturismo "S" so I can hardly be accused of bias against Maserati :)