Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
So, whats a CSL worth nowadays in Australia? Any for sale currently? (none on the usual sales sites).

Offline a.taylor

So, whats a CSL worth nowadays in Australia? Any for sale currently? (none on the usual sales sites).

In the market for one?

Not sure on value. I imagine points made on the previous couple of pages are still pretty close.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
There was 1 for sale for quite a while with 24km & asking $105k....disappeared about a month ago.

IMO, current market for an average km (say 40-70km) $65-$85k purchase price (not asking price)......maybe a little less, or a little more for a lower km's car.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Thanks.

Andrew - just thinking out loud. Researching a few cars for when the time comes to trade in the R32 (when it makes sense tax wise), and the CSL is something I've always admired. Just not sure it would be the smartest choice as a daily driver with no warranty.

Offline CortinaD

Thanks.

Andrew - just thinking out loud. Researching a few cars for when the time comes to trade in the R32 (when it makes sense tax wise), and the CSL is something I've always admired. Just not sure it would be the smartest choice as a daily driver with no warranty.

I don't think you will have any major problems unless you seriously neglect it.

Offline madcsl

I have been lucky enough to use a CSL as a daily drive and quarterly track day for two and half years now after upgrading from a standard E46 M3 (similarly driven and tracked).

A few observations worth sharing
- both cars are equally bullet proof (one alternator and a leaking window washer reservoir across 6 years of E46 ownership)
- the CSL stretched the value equation when new but is now a non (or very slowly) depreciating, modern collectable that you can drive every day
- the differences between a standard M3 and CSL can only be appreciated when driven - it is truly an astonishing machine which is much greater than the sum of its parts (certainly more than the 110% nickname)
- the sound and acceleration between 50kmh-120km acceleration is one of motoring's great experiences
- both Wheels and Motor tracked the GT3 and CSL at Eastern Creek and both clocked the CSL as faster around the circuit (though slower on straights and now easily over taken by modern GT3s)
- the German Top Gear equivalent tested the CSL against the new E92 and picked the CSL
- there is something to be said for driving a car that others routinely admire
- the only downsides are that the car's performance is muted on anything other than smooth tarmac (see Jeremey Clarkson's Times article); the car is not for long distance touring; the back of the seats are covered in a rubberised paint which marks easily and you need to invest in two sets of wheels so you can drive Pilot Sports 2s or 3s on the street

Offline a.taylor

Sounds like I will have to find one some day!

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
The low mile CSL seller owned a genuine RS Carrera and the best 2.4S in the world.

You can be assured his CSL is the best in the country. His car care is beyond fastidious. Top bloke too - he once let me drive his 2.7 RS in exchange for a squirt in my 968CS. Driving an RS was a true milestone for me.

Offline CortinaD

The low mile CSL seller owned a genuine RS Carrera and the best 2.4S in the world.

You can be assured his CSL is the best in the country. His car care is beyond fastidious. Top bloke too - he once let me drive his 2.7 RS in exchange for a squirt in my 968CS. Driving an RS was a true milestone for me.

Richie was telling us his old one was the best - I am confused now :)

You going to get it Alvin?