Offline Alpinem3e92

A mate of mine has just listed his June 2015 Build/August Compliance M4 with only 100ks on the dial, on carsales. A gorgeous car, just not the right timings for me else I'd have jumped on it.

$149,800, the car is at a higher spec than the yet to arrive MY16 cars so there is nothing to be lost buying.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-M4-2015/SSE-AD-3577842/?Cr=1

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

It's a nice looking car.

On a side note I'm not sure who at BMW chose to pick "4"as a series.  4 is a bad number for Chinese and surely would stop some potential customers from buying a 4 series?

Offline TJB

Looks like a really nicely-optioned car, but just out of curiousity, isn't this the same guy who sold a Silverstone F80 M3 about 2-3 weeks ago (with approx. 150kms), because he had a change of heart and wanted an M4? Now he's selling the M4 for an M5 Pure?

It could be just a coincidence but IIRC, the descriptions are very similar, and the photos look like the same spot too.

Offline Alpinem3e92

Looks like a really nicely-optioned car, but just out of curiousity, isn't this the same guy who sold a Silverstone F80 M3 about 2-3 weeks ago (with approx. 150kms), because he had a change of heart and wanted an M4? Now he's selling the M4 for an M5 Pure?

It could be just a coincidence but IIRC, the descriptions are very similar, and the photos look like the same spot too.

:thumbsup:

Indecisive b4stard he is lol

Offline TJB

It's a nice looking car.

On a side note I'm not sure who at BMW chose to pick "4"as a series.  4 is a bad number for Chinese and surely would stop some potential customers from buying a 4 series?
My initial understanding for the reasoning was that even-numbers signalled two-doors (2-Series replaced the 1-Series Coupe, 4-Series replaced 3-Series Coupe, etc), then odd-numbers signalled four-doors (3-Series, 5-Series, 7-Series)

But then BMW built the 4-Series Gran Coupe, which is a four-door version of a two-door version of a four-door car....  go figure!

Offline way

Hi TJB, yes that was me. I am known to buy and sell cars quickly, and a few forum members who know me can attest to that, but this M4 and the previous M3 were quick even by my standard! I bought the M3 and regretted it the moment I saw the M4 side by side during delivery, so I sold it and bought the M4. And then I drove it with the kids and realised I made a mistake, especially as BMW released pricing for the M5 Pure the day after I picked up the M4. We actually already have another M3 for the other half, but I always thought the M5 was too expensive as a family car so it didn't make sense for me until now. Anyway I'm not trying to justify my decisions, just coming on here to tell you that there is nothing dodgy about the sale!

Like Alpine said, indecisive b4stard I am. Oh well.

Online hydie

My initial understanding for the reasoning was that even-numbers signalled two-doors (2-Series replaced the 1-Series Coupe, 4-Series replaced 3-Series Coupe, etc), then odd-numbers signalled four-doors (3-Series, 5-Series, 7-Series)

But then BMW built the 4-Series Gran Coupe, which is a four-door version of a two-door version of a four-door car....  go figure!
This is correct. The Gran Coupe 4 and 6 Series are for those that want some sporty styling with the accessibility of 4 doors.

And they're selling too.

Offline way

This is correct. The Gran Coupe 4 and 6 Series are for those that want some sporty styling with the accessibility of 4 doors.

And they're selling too.

If they had a M4 GC I would have been all over it.

Offline TJB

And they're selling too.
Indeed, plenty seem to be getting around. The 4-Series Gran Coupe looks better than the 3-Series in some aspects, while the 6-Series Gran Coupe is simply gorgeous - in my eyes it's BMW's best non-M car without a doubt. I'll definitely be looking for one as a second-hand car when I'm in a position to do so down the track.

Offline TJB

Hi TJB, yes that was me. I am known to buy and sell cars quickly, and a few forum members who know me can attest to that, but this M4 and the previous M3 were quick even by my standard! I bought the M3 and regretted it the moment I saw the M4 side by side during delivery, so I sold it and bought the M4. And then I drove it with the kids and realised I made a mistake, especially as BMW released pricing for the M5 Pure the day after I picked up the M4. We actually already have another M3 for the other half, but I always thought the M5 was too expensive as a family car so it didn't make sense for me until now. Anyway I'm not trying to justify my decisions, just coming on here to tell you that there is nothing dodgy about the sale!

Like Alpine said, indecisive b4stard I am. Oh well.
Apologies if I implied it seemed dodgy, certainly not intended! You've got very good taste in your M cars. The M5 Pure looks like a fantastic offering at $185k - what colour are you getting it in?

Would love to hear how you compare all three cars when you get the Pure.  Good luck with the sale  :thumbsup: