Offline Paulstar

What I love about accessories or upgrades is that they are always three times their real cost and never discount the value of the things they replaced. Example would be a $5000 wheel upgrade, they add the price of the wheels but dont take $1800 off for the value of the wheels that were already on there.

I think you're paying that money to upgrade to a better set of wheels, not for an additional or different set of wheels. So the real cost is the standard wheels + the upgrade cost.. right?

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Offline M500

They are options, not additions. Anotherforumuser, next time you buy a car and choose another set of wheels, see what happens when you ask to keep the original 4 :)

I kept my original wheels when I upgraded to 20" ones on my ute.

Offline Nobleambitions

Didn't they charge you extra for keeping the wheels, or offer to give you a discount not to take the originals?

Offline ckbag

I agree with the guy who says if you don't like the price, don't buy it.  Anyone in business knows the whole idea is to price the product or service as high as you can get away with.  If the cars are selling, why would BMW sell them any cheaper -  they would be idiots to.

WE are the idiots for willing to pay so much for the cars :P

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Taiwanese market, but BMW listed as largest luxury tax contributor.  Not sure on the history, but from a quick Googling it appears they have only recently started with the whole luxury tax rort.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan-business/2011/11/25/323996/BMW-ranks.htm

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

So who's priced the F10 M5 already? Got a call from the local dealer asking to come in to go through the pricing, but I'm away till next week... Curious what it'll be..

Offline Nobleambitions

So who's priced the F10 M5 already? Got a call from the local dealer asking to come in to go through the pricing, but I'm away till next week... Curious what it'll be..
Drive.com.au estimates $240k

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks

Be interested in what they r going to ask for it! And I suppose being Adel, there'll be the usual premium and non discounts for the privilege!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!