Offline M500

Have a look at this thread from the M5board regarding BMW warranty with aftermarket modifications.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118430

Has anybody else had issues with warranty of a modified vehicle in Australia?

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

That's always a risk...and I believe a lot of will depend on your relationship with the dealer.

When I asked Powerchip if their mods would void BMW's warranty, their response to me was "We do not believe our product is suitable for you". Which I translated to "if you are worried about warranty then don't mod your car using our product"  :rolleyes:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
When I asked Powerchip if their mods would void BMW's warranty, their response to me was "We do not believe our product is suitable for you". Which I translated to "if you are worried about warranty then don't mod your car using our product"  :rolleyes:

That sounds different to what I'm hearing.  Won't go into it anything yet, but have been in contact with them and they are especially protective of their reputation, and m5board has been mentioned specifically.

Offline CortinaD

They didn't leave much meat on the bone S54B32 so I wonder if the S85B50 is the same. If it is, for the supposed extra 1 or 2 kw you get its hardly worth the hassle.