Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Was someone from here asking about clearbra for M5 over on M5Board?  I couldn't log on to reply...

There are a couple of options - wait till James Pierce is over from Invisible Car Bras in Melbourne or get Morris and Rob from Elite Striping to do it. 

Elite did a great job on my M5 and are replacing the tape on the bumper next week after I damaged it.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Was someone from here asking about clearbra for M5 over on M5Board?  I couldn't log on to reply...

There are a couple of options - wait till James Pierce is over from Invisible Car Bras in Melbourne or get Morris and Rob from Elite Striping to do it. 

Elite did a great job on my M5 and are replacing the tape on the bumper next week after I damaged it.

That was M500 who posted the question on M5Board. Not sure if he's still interested cuz I heard a rumour from a little birdie that he's selling the M5....and we haven't even done our M-Power SFR yet :(

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I heard a rumour from a little birdie that he's selling the M5

he's a smart man, then
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline CortinaD

Speaking of clearbras, what's the fascination with them? Do you guys just like keeping the paint original?

I don't mean to offend but I saw MHH's car a couple of years ago at CA and I didn't like how the clear bra comes down 1/4 in on the fender.

The BMW cars at the driver training also had some form of clear bra on and it was terrible, made the paint look matt up close. Far away it was ok. It sort of turned me off and I just get my bar/fenders painted when they get chipped up.

I also noticed the clear bra around the front of the flare near the back doors on leburpor's M5. Is that factory on the 07/8 models?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Speaking of clearbras, what's the fascination with them? Do you guys just like keeping the paint original?

I don't mean to offend but I saw MHH's car a couple of years ago at CA and I didn't like how the clear bra comes down 1/4 in on the fender.

The BMW cars at the driver training also had some form of clear bra on and it was terrible, made the paint look matt up close. Far away it was ok. It sort of turned me off and I just get my bar/fenders painted when they get chipped up.

I also noticed the clear bra around the front of the flare near the back doors on leburpor's M5. Is that factory on the 07/8 models?

At the time, partial coverage of the bonnet and guards was all that was available.  Now thanks to the availability of larger rolls of film, you can get a full bonnet and full front guards covered which looks much better.

I understand from Adelaide Motors that they just get a quick and dirty job done for drive days to protect the demo cars and they remove it afterwards. 

Whether you need a bra or not really depends how you drive it.  My MX5 doesn't have one nor does my wife's E500 - and they don't need them because they never chase another car along the road to Strath. 

If you drive frequently in company, i reckon you need one.   I'm sure Ash will post a pic to show what happens to convoy cars without bras.  You can ruin your paint in a weekend without trying.  Of course if you've got an older car with chips already, I guess it doesn't matter.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
If you drive frequently in company, i reckon you need one.   I'm sure Ash will post a pic to show what happens to convoy cars without bras.  You can ruin your paint in a weekend without trying.

Most of this happened in a single morning:

Click here for hi-res

These were over an NT weekend - really where we started to understand the importance of them:

Click here for hi-res

Click here for hi-res

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Even though my car is old, I'm looking at having ozocozi putting the film on it once its painted.

I don't plan to follow, but evntually it wil happen. :D

Hoping to tag along to tassie next year.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

Hoping to tag along to tassie next year.

oh dear.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner