goober

I'm with you on the I-drive.  They say you get used to it but after nearly 3 years I hate it more than ever.  You realise how bad it is every time you get in a Benz or Porsche.  I can use a LH mouse and I still don't like the damn thing.

The only way they could make it tolerable was to provide shortcuts (with the extra buttons I-drive was designed to avoid).

Does the disclaimer still have to be clicked away every damn time you start the car?  The former BMW Australia CEO admitted that in Germany it switches off on its own.  Only USA and Australia require it to be turned off manually - even though our ADR's don't require it.   :doh:
thats the main reason i never wanted to buy the new M3, its like the R32 with its blue tooth phone (i hate it), still for 110k difference between the M3 & R32, that 110K buys another toy and is there a notable differnence....yes, but the M3 has no 4wd, and the brakes on the previous model were way inferior to the R32, the Golf brakes like a GT3........eye poppers.
On the engine side VW still havent worked out why 2 motors self destructed. The car is lovely at the moment......especially with the bling bling bonnet, Mark, I'm sure it would look the part on the mother in laws GTi!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The car is lovely at the moment......especially with the bling bling bonnet, Mark, I'm sure it would look the part on the mother in laws GTi!

I'll have to check it out.  Is it at the office today? 

goober

Although it may be to early, what you/he think about it compared with the E46 M3?

I am still not sold on the new one.

i'm still a fan of the old one right back to the E30. The E36 evo II was great, had a manual one of those, and then an E36 sequential which was great except for 3 transmissions that went bang. Then the last of the 6 cyl was a hoot, lots of fun and a dream of a car, well balanced, braked lousy, but hey compared to a benz.........gimme the Bimmer.

I had a look at the CLK Black at BEA.........nice car loys of bling with carbon bits, for 300k i can see a huge tear up coming

goober

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

goober

I'll drop in shortly on my way to the Bay. :)
so the idrive is a laptop as well huh

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

so the idrive is a laptop as well huh

No, the Lambo has internet.  And a nuclear reactor.  :D

goober

No, the Lambo has internet.  And a nuclear reactor.  :D

just like my lambo has internet..................commodore 64 style with a slide rule as a mouse