Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
A good friend of mine has a 2008 x5 - done only 37,000kms - Car was in limp mode - towed to mechanic  - have a look at the photos - broken ?camshaft?  - needs new head too!! And all out of warranty! :doh:

Car literally driven from Glen Osmond to Seymour College and back most days only!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
5 year old car. I wouldn't expect BMW Adelaide to do your friend any favours either. Best of luck

Offline the360

I owned an x5 as well, turned out to be a lemon at 53000kms and i got rid of it and after that crap i will never touch a bmw.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Not so sure BMW Australia wouldn't come to the party in some shape or form even if it is 2 years  out of warranty. If the car has only done 38,000 km's of "normal" use and has been dealer serviced according to the book, it shouldn't have a major failure.
Try the local dealer and if you don't get any joy go straight to BMW Australia. I have found my dealer to be lacking; but BMW Australia are pretty good. If you have a long track record of buying BMW's I would suggest pointing that out might help as well.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I owned an x5 as well, turned out to be a lemon at 53000kms and i got rid of it and after that crap i will never touch a bmw.

My X5M was a nightmare for the first 18mths; but they seem to have got it sorted and the last 18mths have been trouble free.

I must have had at least 10 BMW's over the years and this is the first one that has given me serious grief. I got to the point where I said I would never buy another; but if the X5M keeps trucking ok I might stick with them.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Mate of mine just got rid of his X5 for a Audi Q5, he said the ride is better in fact better all round.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Not so sure BMW Australia wouldn't come to the party in some shape or form even if it is 2 years  out of warranty. If the car has only done 38,000 km's of "normal" use and has been dealer serviced according to the book, it shouldn't have a major failure.
Try the local dealer and if you don't get any joy go straight to BMW Australia. I have found my dealer to be lacking; but BMW Australia are pretty good. If you have a long track record of buying BMW's I would suggest pointing that out might help as well.

+1    Get in touch with them.

I had a fairly major failure once with a local product out of warranty which the dealer didn't want to know about but Head office worked out a deal that kept us both happy.    :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Mate of mine just got rid of his X5 for a Audi Q5, he said the ride is better in fact better all round.

A guy I know just ditched his wifes near new Q5 as he reckons it was pretty average. Ride on most X5's is harsh due to the massive wheels and low profile tyres fittted purely for looks in most cases.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline CortinaD

+1 ask for goodwill, 38k on the clock, dealer serviced, loyal customer yadayada