Offline schmik325

I had a conversation with a Tow truck driver last week. He recommended Volvo and MB, because he rarely picks them up . However, he would never buy BMW ,Saab or Audi because of how many of these brands he gives Roadside assistance to.
When I questioned him about Exotics, he explained that there weren't enough on the road to make a comparison . He'd been in the trade for 35 years. No BS!. Nice guy.

Can't say my ML63 has been trouble free but its never left me on the side of the road.
I think all Euro cars have their issues and owning one out of warranty is at your own risk.

Online mtarone

I think all Euro cars have their issues and owning one out of warranty is at your own risk.

I feel the same way. I'm not prepared to take the risk (and i like new stuff), which is why I move them on at 3yrs.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I feel the same way. I'm not prepared to take the risk (and i like new stuff), which is why I move them on at 3yrs.
80's BMWs FTW!  :headbang: :D
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
ouch!! I'd be getting rid of it just before warranty expires!!

BMW Oz gave it extended warranty at my request. It has been fine for 18mths and now has a 4 year warranty.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
BMW Oz gave it extended warranty at my request. It has been fine for 18mths and now has a 4 year warranty.

Did you ever work out EXACTLY what caused the vibrations?

Or did napalming the thing with new parts just fix it and you never will know for sure??

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Past land rovers and range rovers are shockingly bad. The worst car ever brought to market was the original Freelander with more than 100 known faults.
However a mate of mine has a Discovery (newish) TDV6 and its kitted for serious offroading.
He has done 130,000kms in it including simpson desert, kakadu etc going away for weeks at a time, heavy off road tracks and towing a 4WD camper trailer. Never an issue other than ball joints at 105,000kms. You should see some of the photos...hard core offroading.
Some of his mates in landcruisers are completely amazed.

The new Disco 4 TDV6 is 79990 drive away with new ZF 8 speed gearbox, leather and 7 seats
their resale is also rather awesome - buy one, change every 3 years...no wuking furries!

I have heard horror stories about the original M Class mercedes built in the US....
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Fuckin hell.  :eek:

I think they just kept changing parts until they fixed the problem. Great mechanics  :doh:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I think they just kept changing parts until they fixed the problem. Great mechanics  :doh:

They're fitters, not mechanics.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The new Disco 4 TDV6 is 79990 drive away with new ZF 8 speed gearbox, leather and 7 seats
their resale is also rather awesome - buy one, change every 3 years...no wuking furries!

Thats cheaper than the Q5 I think and would be a better car for the use, I mean they have  had a proper off road brand for a while haven't they ;)

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I must admit I hate SUVs but if I had to buy one it would be a Discovery 4.
With a bottomless pit of money...maybe a Cayenne Turbo S !!!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.