Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Guys, I'm about 60% keen to get the following exhaust, what do you think of the sound? It's a Eisenmann Race Exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/v/m4aU1L3-SGg&hl=en

Haven't found a local dealer yet  :rolleyes:

Where can I check if the sounds levels from these exhaust will breach Australian regulations??

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

Guys, I'm about 60% keen to get the following exhaust, what do you think of the sound? It's a Eisenmann Race Exhaust.

Where can I check if the sounds levels from these exhaust will breach Australian regulations??

Were the both cars' exhausts the same? The second one sounded a higher pitch. I prefer the lower deeper sound but my hearing is not the best.
Pete (1Neon) had an Eisenmann on his M5 but I think it was the sport or something rather than the race one. He may know about the sound level requirements. Not sure if these are National or State though?

Have you thought about the Koeneisig (?sp) one? I like the sound of that one but particularly the valve which allows you to run it "stealth" mode when you want to and "beasty"mode at the flick of a switch.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

i'd be surprised if ANY after market exhaust meets ADRs.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline beama

i'd be surprised if ANY after market exhaust meets ADRs.

Then how do those (nicely) noisy Ferrari exhausts get approved?

Offline Aircon

Then how do those (nicely) noisy Ferrari exhausts get approved?

name one. they're very quiet at where the specs rate them.

Offline beama

name one. they're very quiet at where the specs rate them.

Allowing for my bad hearing, I would have thought the exhausts on say the 430 and your 355 were as loud as the one Aemel was talking about?

Offline Aircon

Allowing for my bad hearing, I would have thought the exhausts on say the 430 and your 355 were as loud as the one Aemel was talking about?

well...i've been told that ferraris comply under a low volume import exemption. even if that's not true, a 430 or 355 etc is quite quiet at idle and constant throttle drive by (which i understand is how they're tested)...at other times, the by-pass is open.

anyway, regarless, they are approved where an aftermarket exhaust probably isn't

i'm happy to be wrong on this.

Offline beama

well...i've been told that ferraris comply under a low volume import exemption. even if that's not true, a 430 or 355 etc is quite quiet at idle and constant throttle drive by (which i understand is how they're tested)...at other times, the by-pass is open.

anyway, regarless, they are approved where an aftermarket exhaust probably isn't

i'm happy to be wrong on this.

My hearing is definitely bad. I thought I just heard you mentioning the possibility of being wrong.....gotta get that hearing aid :)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

My hearing is definitely bad. I thought I just heard you mentioning the possibility of being wrong.....gotta get that hearing aid :)

You didn't hear it wrong, you just read it right!

I think the exhause you're thinking of is the Meisterschaft, which is over AU$10,000 to get it over here.... :faint:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Another one with the switchable valve is the Kreissieg.  Here it is with the valve open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtHF0lCA6Jw

YSS's brother had an eisenhaus (I think) on his M5 but it was the tame version and not switchable.  It wasn't loud enough for me.

The problem with the aftermarket exhausts is that the E Race version is too loud for street use and the quiet version is hardly worth having as it it is too quiet.  Some guys with Race have gone back to stock as it is LOUD.  The switchable ones are damn expensive.  It is a dilemma.