Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Opps, MHH got the name right...I was referencing the wrong name  :doh:

I've suddenly lost the desire to spend $$$$ for something that'll probably be for someone else's benefit. I mean, can you really hear the difference in sound from within the cabin? I don't even hear my Pagids squealing from within my cabin  :rolleyes:

However....MHH, yer comin back via the UK right? You got any luggage space to bring back a exhaust set for me? I'll even get it delivered to your hotel  :mischief:

When are you back, MHH? Got another black M5 recruit to join us on our next SFR  :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
It is a dilemma.

except i reckon they sound pretty good already.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You got any luggage space to bring back a exhaust set for me?

Would you settle for a key ring?  After 3 weeks' shopping, any space in my suitcase has been compulsorily acquired by my girls.

When are you back, MHH? Got another black M5 recruit to join us on our next SFR  :D

Not exactly sure - in a few days hopefully.  No.1 daughter got sick on school trip and is in hospital in rural France with Mum at her side.  Happily, now on the mend.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

except i reckon they sound pretty good already.

Yeah, a bit more noise would be nice - for about 5% of the time.  For the other 95% they got it about right.

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I had the Hartge Sport 'export' mufflers, ( imported them myself direct from Hartge in Germany along with other bits, can fill you in on it all in Tassie if needed) they definitely were an improvement over standard, not too loud but sporty enough to know there was a difference. Some of the other brands as Mark says especially the race type are too noisy I think, become a real pain sometimes when you just want to cruise on the highway, the drone could get a little tiresome IMO.

The switchable valve would be the go, when I got mine all the others had not been made yet. I love the Ferrari concept with the valve that only opens when additional throttle is applied  :D whilst still allowing a not over the top noise when cruising.

I never had any issues with mine from the authorities or BMW, I changed my springs, wheels, exhaust and still always took car back to BMW for service and warranty etc.
Keep Smiling

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I've always like the Evosport Exhaust on the E60

* this also has performance headers and highflow cat *

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYYe0kLCto" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYYe0kLCto</a>
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline M500

The Evosport Race system is the best sounding exhaust for the M5 in my opinion. I am currently in contact with Simon from Evosport to line up a special price on the system shipped to Aussie.

If there are any more takers we may be able to get a group buy or something.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

The Evosport Race system is the best sounding exhaust for the M5 in my opinion. I am currently in contact with Simon from Evosport to line up a special price on the system shipped to Aussie.

If there are any more takers we may be able to get a group buy or something.

Any idea roughly what the $$$ will be for group buy? This is just for the muffler right? The price I got from Evosport US for their Race setup is around US$1945. They've also stated that their exhaust will add power??? which I've asked them to clarify.

Have you seen this post: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118009

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

Any idea roughly what the $$$ will be for group buy? This is just for the muffler right? The price I got from Evosport US for their Race setup is around US$1945. They've also stated that their exhaust will add power??? which I've asked them to clarify.

Have you seen this post: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118009

I would doubt the extra power claim very much. Assuming they are suggesting less back pressure, the car's computer would have to be programmed to take account of the less back pressure to get any benefit.

Seems hardly worth installing the camber mounts in view of the very little adjustment available. If they promised more, as well as due to the other issues you are having with them, I'd be asking for a refund.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

i'd stop stuffing around with a perfectly good car by taking it out of its element. geez man...it's a GT car...not a track beast.

buy a porsche!
I love my car. Buy your own