Offline CortinaD

i'd stop stuffing around with a perfectly good car by taking it out of its element. geez man...it's a GT car...not a track beast.

buy a porsche!

I agree. All good to have a bit of fun in it at the track but you are starting to get serious.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Brake pads, camber plates and now, exhaust mods, are not what I'd call serious mods. People do it, especially the latter mod, just for kicks. I do it for improved track performance and the exhaust for auditory enjoyment. Save yerself the trouble guys, leave us be to trick up our cars a bit... The M5 is a fun track car. Don't knock till you've tried it. At the end of the fun track day, I drive back in comfort, luxury, enjoying music from my 11 'Logic 7' speakers...in the same car!  :D

Now, if you start seeing me post something like:
- Can I put a roll cage in my M5?
- How do I remove 200kgs from my M5, with me still in it!?
- How do I setup my car for a Super V8 race?

Then, please by all means, knock some sense into me  :p

Offline CortinaD

Brake pads, camber plates and now, exhaust mods, are not what I'd call serious mods. People do it, especially the latter mod, just for kicks. I do it for improved track performance and the exhaust for auditory enjoyment. Save yerself the trouble guys, leave us be to trick up our cars a bit... The M5 is a fun track car. Don't knock till you've tried it.

Who's knocking what you are doing?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Brake pads, camber plates and now, exhaust mods, are not what I'd call serious mods. People do it, especially the latter mod, just for kicks. I do it for improved track performance and the exhaust for auditory enjoyment. Save yerself the trouble guys, leave us be to trick up our cars a bit... The M5 is a fun track car. Don't knock till you've tried it. At the end of the fun track day, I drive back in comfort, luxury, enjoying music from my 11 'Logic 7' speakers...in the same car!  :D

a fun track car. ha! ask jit for a drive of his car on the track.

anyway.....i'm sure you know what you're doing *gulp*

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Here's how a stock Porsche 997C did against me M5...and I was sick as a dog on that day too!  :tilt:

Red line is me..

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Who's knocking what you are doing?

my apologies...I thought you were too  :melting:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Here's how a stock Porsche 997C did against me M5...and I was sick as a dog on that day too!  :tilt:

Red line is me..

you're not going to make it handle or stop. scott tried it with his CSL to no avail.

but...if you want to keep flogging a dead horse, then go for it! it's your money, ralph ( as the advert says)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

you're not going to make it handle or stop. scott tried it with his CSL to no avail.

but...if you want to keep flogging a dead horse, then go for it! it's your money, ralph ( as the advert says)

The M5 will never be a race car for me. Not sure what Scott's intention was, but my expectation is for the M5 to allow me the occassional fun on the track. There are small things I can do to it which will not only improve performance, but will help me in managing the costs of running on the track. So I do them:
- Camber plates: has reduced the wear on my front tire outer edges that I can probably get 3-4 track days out of them, instead of the previous 2. That's a $3000 saving after 4 track days.
- Pagid pads: endurance compounds has allowed me to run with the same pads through 3-4 track days, instead of the previous 1. That's a $3600 saving after 4 track days.

Therefore, how is it that I am flogging a dead horse? That statement suggests I'm doing something silly. And me thinks yer being silly thinkin I'm silly.

Offline CortinaD

my apologies...I thought you were too  :melting:

I was just trying to say without saying explicitly that you have awesome daily driver (in my eyes) and from my experience with the M cars, an all round good compromise that is good at everything but not great at one thing.

Offline CortinaD

The M5 will never be a race car for me. Not sure what Scott's intention was, but my expectation is for the M5 to allow me the occassional fun on the track. There are small things I can do to it which will not only improve performance, but will help me in managing the costs of running on the track. So I do them:
- Camber plates: has reduced the wear on my front tire outer edges that I can probably get 3-4 track days out of them, instead of the previous 2. That's a $3000 saving after 4 track days.
- Pagid pads: endurance compounds has allowed me to run with the same pads through 3-4 track days, instead of the previous 1. That's a $3600 saving after 4 track days.

Therefore, how is it that I am flogging a dead horse? That statement suggests I'm doing something silly. And me thinks yer being silly thinkin I'm silly.

Are you running semi slicks or the stock conti/psports?

Tischer BMW (www.getbmwparts.com) are now shipping internationally too if you need stock parts like brake discs.