Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Good idea on the grill and mirrors will see if I can find a distributor of these, if they exist?

Knock off CSL rims around around $1k hey? Hmmm......thats very interesting!

Tyr a couple of BMW forums they will get you onto the shops for the CF gear :thumbsup:

Just guessing on costs but they are far from BMW prices and you don't need the tyres, I bought a set of 19 from them and was $1050 for the 4 rims :D

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Congrats and hope you have a ball in the 1M!! Would love to catch up!

R u a member of the local BMW Drivers Club SA yet? PM me if you want more info and to join the club! IIRC - you should have been given the option to join and have your membership paid by BMW Groups Australia just for buying the M-car! They call it the M-club but then link you with your local BMW Car Club!

As for the clearbra - I've just given James a call as recommended by mhh to get my M3 CSL done! He only has time to do one more car when he's down here last week in May hence best get on the phone asap!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mtarone

Congrats and hope you have a ball in the 1M!! Would love to catch up!

R u a member of the local BMW Drivers Club SA yet? PM me if you want more info and to join the club! IIRC - you should have been given the option to join and have your membership paid by BMW Groups Australia just for buying the M-car! They call it the M-club but then link you with your local BMW Car Club!

As for the clearbra - I've just given James a call as recommended by mhh to get my M3 CSL done! He only has time to do one more car when he's down here last week in May hence best get on the phone asap!

No I never heard anything about the M-Club. Will drop an email to Adelaide Motors and see if this is still the case.

Thanks for the heads up re: James. Any ideas on what a clearbra costs?

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
No I never heard anything about the M-Club. Will drop an email to Adelaide Motors and see if this is still the case.

Thanks for the heads up re: James. Any ideas on what a clearbra costs?
You should have received in you welcome pack from Adl motors an invitation to join the "M-club". It is definitely still in operation as only last week we had another 2 membership subscriptions forwarded to the club! (I'm on the committee!) BMWDCSA is in the process of leaving our membership application forms with Adl Motors to insert in with every new car purchase but it is a work in motion!!

As for the clearbra - it depends on the car and templates available and whether you want 1/4 guards vs full guards, whole bonnet, wing mirrors etc. Budget for up to $2k but well worth it IMHO esp if you do spirited driving or go on drive days through the hills following other cars! I have it on my 997TT and my one regret is that I should have done the whole front guards rather than just 1/4!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mtarone

You should have received in you welcome pack from Adl motors an invitation to join the "M-club". It is definitely still in operation as only last week we had another 2 membership subscriptions forwarded to the club! (I'm on the committee!) BMWDCSA is in the process of leaving our membership application forms with Adl Motors to insert in with every new car purchase but it is a work in motion!!

As for the clearbra - it depends on the car and templates available and whether you want 1/4 guards vs full guards, whole bonnet, wing mirrors etc. Budget for up to $2k but well worth it IMHO esp if you do spirited driving or go on drive days through the hills following other cars! I have it on my 997TT and my one regret is that I should have done the whole front guards rather than just 1/4!

Thanks, I'll chase this up and speak with James when I get a chance.

Offline mtarone

Tyr a couple of BMW forums they will get you onto the shops for the CF gear :thumbsup:

Just guessing on costs but they are far from BMW prices and you don't need the tyres, I bought a set of 19 from them and was $1050 for the 4 rims :D

Thanks mate, will see what I can find on the CF stuff.

Offline TomE

With a car like this you can't really exploit its potential on the road (legally), so I'd love to now if there are any track days at Mallala that are suitable for beginners?

http://www.mscasa.com/

I think this mob do beginner days with driver training through affiliate clubs.
Looks like BWM Club of Australia is one
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

http://www.mscasa.com/

I think this mob do beginner days with driver training through affiliate clubs.
Looks like BWM Club of Australia is one

they do

when I used to get involved it was the Alfa Romeo club which organised the driver training on behalf of the MSCA.  Worth giving them a go.

Otherwise there is a private day booked for  10th May.  At a cost of $250 which includes lunch.  If anyone wants details PM me.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Thanks mate, will see what I can find on the CF stuff.
OR try plastidip! This stuff goes on like paint and dries as a rubberised coating which you can peel off if you change your mind.

This guy used it to paint the badge on his Maserati.

Offline mtarone

Cool thanks guys. I knew I'd find out more about SA track days this forum.  :thumbsup: